Anyone fishing this weekend??

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Rickjr, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Rickjr

Rickjr New Member

State:
    VA
    I will be out Sat some time to try out my new pontoon boat.....I found a 1988 20' w/55 evinrude gonna try her out tomorrow...see what i need to add:big_smile: see ya on the water:0a23:

2. catfishangler

catfishangler New Member

State:
    virginia
    im going out in about 2 hours to see if anything is biting

3. thelastcast

thelastcast New Member

State:
    Virginia
    my wife & i are thinking about either sat. night or Sun. during the day. Gonna be a chilly one, time to get out the coveralls & the ole' top & home-made side curtains for the boat!! (maybe even the little heater)

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Watch the weather. High winds scare me on the James. It can get ugly below Hopewell

5. Madtom

Madtom New Member

State:
    virginia
    Sat. the wind was bad I fished the wounded warriors event out of hopewell. I was one a a few boat that headed down river. It was cold and windy. We did manage a 30lb Blue cat. It was a tuff bite even some of the Big names had trouble finding feeding big fish. When i left the wind was real bad at city point. To all the guys that fished the WW yall are awesome.

6. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nothing at all....was windy....

7. F250SD-Baby!!

F250SD-Baby!! New Member

State:
    Virginia
    We hit the water for a couple hours Saturday afternoon. I think that was our shortest trip since we got our boat!...man was it windy. probably wouldn't have been so bad, but that was a cold wind! hit a couple spots in the old barge pits got nothing but COLD, left there, and the ol' man put the hammer down...I'm almost thawed out...time for the old coveralls, but now they are multi purpose!:tounge_out: I can use them for fishin' (they're camo...does that mean the fish wont see me:wink:!) and hunting! yay!