Anyone fishing this weekend?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by wbtfish, Dec 4, 2007.

1. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Who is planning on fishing this weekend? I plan on being there Friday or Saturday. Fished JP last weekend, will fish somewhere between Presquile and Dutch Gap this weekend. Gonna map a one mile stretch of the river and fish it hard. Probably have my old man with me. I have almost finished the cabin on my boat, so come rain, snow, sleet or hail.

2. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm going to try Dutch Gap. I have off Thursday-Friday so I'm sure I'll be there one of those days. Now that the Vulture relocation is going on I'll feel a little better about my truck. I'm planning on covering it with at tarp. Do people do that? Does it work? I would imagine that if they've been hitting that area hard this week with the pyrotechnics that I wouldn't have to worry.

good luck
    david

Welcome to the BOC

3. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    The last two weekends at Dutch Gap I have had no problems with the birds.. I did not see any around the area...(on the ground anyway).

4. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I am planning on going Saturday and Sunday. Gonna fish way upriver down to DB one day. And Prequille down to Flowerdew another.

As for the buzzards, not sure if it works, but I've heard of guys buying plastic owls and putting them on top of their trucks.

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I going to put in a Deep Bottom and follow you guys around.:big_smile:

6. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    May see some of you saturday, good luck.

7. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    It's supposed to be nice Saturday; High 63 deg, west wind 6 mph.

8. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Looking forward to it. Sunday is gonna be nice too. I'll take those warm winter days when I can get 'em.

9. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    yep, can't wait

10. Ace Laserna

Ace Laserna New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'll be putting in at Deep Bottom Saturday morning around 6 a.m. Catch bait then head up river for first half of the day, then head down rovier sometime aftenoon.

-Ace