Anyone Fishing This Weekend?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jan 29, 2010.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thinking about heading out myself again. Anyone else gonna wet a line, or freeze some eyelets? rollo

2. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    im going to try to get out sunday, but the way it looked today it might be iced over here

3. longhaulpointer

longhaulpointer New Member

State:
    ohio
    too cold for me, i'm gonna chase the elusive grouse through the woods of scioto county instead

4. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    i'm hittin the couch for a little couch fishin:laugh1:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Worst part is gonna be getting rid of the ice! I usually keep the boat covered, but after fishing last weekend I just covered the consol with a tarp. And looks like it ain't gonna thaw. I will figure something out. rollo

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I drove down 52 today along the river and it's higher than I have seen it in a long time...I'm crazy, but not quite that crazy!

7. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    Yeah I drove down 52 on friday as well, all of my spots were pretty flooded. I drove all the way to nine mile (steam boat dr) to see what it looked like and the road was actually closed - covered in water. I am hoping by Friday the river will be low enough to at least net some shad.

8. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i actually gave it shot today for about 15 min, every place i know where to get winter channels was iced up... this sucks

9. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    If we can stand it for a few more days we will be okay. Course it means another 14 day stretch with no fishing.

10. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I actually did some bank fishing on Sunday. Went down to the White Water river right where it spills in to the Great Miami. Didn't manage to get a single bit but it was still a good time. I got the dog out and started a small fire and hung out by the water for the day. A few fish would have been nicer but it was still nice to get out. That is one nice thing about Winter fishing, no one is out there, so you can do things like start a fire and let your dog run around.

11. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    I agree. Personally I am a loner and love to get out there by the water. To me there is nothing better than a clear night by the river with a good fire going.

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Glad to hear you got out man. My plans took a big twist. Both of my kids are sick. Oh well, there is always next weekend hopefully. rollo

13. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Fishdealer04 and myself have tentative plans to get out in Cinci tomorrow if I can get off work early enough, air temps around 36, I hope its 10 degrees warmer then they are calling for like today, they just keep changing the weather all around every day, very frustratiing, today warm spell originally was supposed to be tomorrow. Water is still falling hard from 33 to 32.5 ft tomorrow afternoon which will make launching real fun.Its still up in the air but hopefully we can get out, I got cabin fever so bad its just not funny anymore, havent been out for cats since early Dec.

Salmonid

14. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    I am definitely trying to get out there this thursday or this weekend. I had a hard time trying to net shad the other day. They had moved upstream a little from where they were a few weeks ago. Anyway, good luck with fishin'.

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dunno how much snow we might have to shovel, but me, loanwizard and smoothkip 25, are gonna try to launch this weekend and see if we can catch some cats. This will definetely be a challenge, but a fun one at that! I will give an update on how it goes... rollo

16. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    I'am going if it will ever stop raining.. The water is going to be so high that i could probabaly catch catfish in the parking lot at the boat ramp..

17. odog127

odog127 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I believe I am going to head to the Stock Shoot over at the Optimist Club.

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Change of plans, we didn't make it out today like planned. Gonna use the next few days cleaning reels, etc. Anyone else make it out this weekend? rollo

19. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I wish . Plowed the snow from in front of the boat,that way if things get as cold as they say it won't have three foot high piles of frozen snow in our way. Today made fourteen days with out a pole in the water, got the shakes pretty bad. We did make it up to the spillway to get some bait Thursday so we did get our feet wet at least. Course yesterday the crows flew into the bait tub and killed the shad so guess it would have been a good weekend to get the shotgun out and do a little crow hunting.

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like possibly 6 or more inches of snow here Tues, and Wed,, ouch! rollo