Anyone fishing this week?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Malichi1970, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I was hoping to get out sometime this week and was wondering if anyone out there was looking to get out as well.

2. Propshredder

Propshredder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thought about going out Wednesday but the forecast went from NW winds 6mph to N-NW 25mph in one day. Gotta love the weather forecasters.

3. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    this is gonna be a tough one but let me know when your planning on going mike

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Mike... you gotta do this on the weekends.. Some of us have to work for a living... hehehe

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Mike I would like to go out this week and am gonna try. I am going to have to put in at Truman because the Meremac looks like a shallow creek. All of my bait holes are dry. If the wind does switch and we get that front I will probably have to come up with a plan b for bait cause I will be headed out.

6. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Give me a call if you decide to go Ryan and I'll try to meet up with you.

Oh and Harold some of us our laid off right now, but hoping to be back to working within he next week or so. That's why I'm wanting to get out this week. I'm gonna be starting a new job and have already been told that overtime is gonna be mandatory and a lot of it.

7. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Yeah the money is nice with overtime on the check, but I sure hate that mandatory thing.. They do the same thing where I work, but they don't make it mandatory unless I've made plans to do something.. Like cuzfest 2.. I keep telling them I'm getting too old for the overtime, but I don't think they listen.. Just can't get no respect nowadays... hehehe

8. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Some of us have respect for you being "too old" Harold! :roll_eyes: Some will even keep reminding you of it! :smile2::smile2:

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    You guys missed a good day to be on the river. Caught 15 fish, in the neighborhood of 280 pounds worth give or take. Smallest was 8 pounds, and the biggest was 35 or so. Most fish were 19-20 pounds with a couple more pushing 30. I found the fish to be schooled up pretty tight, in 20-30 feet of water. They seem to be favoring the slacker current areas and not the fast water. Caught all of them on Cut Skippys. Sky was overcast, and the water temp was 52 degrees. You had to put the bait right on their little snouts as they were holding pretty tight to the cover. If you can find wood in the backflow areas, you'll probably find fish.

I was by myself, so getting photos was impossible. I saved five fish in the livewell just for photos at the boat ramp. A gentleman at the ramp offered to take photos. I gave him the camera and started 'slingin pigs' on the boat dock, when he informed me the camera wasnt working. Low and behold dead batteries. :confused2: He did get 2 photos of the first three out of the livewell. The biggest two were still in there though. Had I waited 10 more minutes Gary would have shown up and he had a camera. Oh well. All the fish were released to fight another day. Sure was a nice stress reliever, before heading back to florida.

Sorry I missed you Mike. I left you a couple of messages. Vince, I didnt get your PM until I got home tonight, and RAT was sleepin. Early bird gets the worm boys. :smile2: or is it, The Early Cuz gets the Kitty's. :wink:

Attached Files:

10. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Congratulations Cuz, That is one heck of a days fishing. Sounds like you got what you needed. Now the trick will be doing the honey do's the next day or so while you know were those kittys are and how to get em.:crazy: I almost went after work tonight but decided to wait for tomorrow, sometimes I wonder why I ate all of those paint chips as a kid:confused2: Oh well I hope they are still biten tomorrow, Way to go on a great day! You DA Man!

11. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    You are the man Cuz. Thanks for the report. You always know how to find them. And you always get me thinking with the information you provide, and the kind of questions you ask regarding certain posts. Like "what kind of rod tip were you using" and such. You really seem to have it down to a science.
    How long have you been fishing for the kitties? Have you always fished around here? The Mississippi and the Missouri?
    Anyways, thanks again for the report. I get on here every evening hoping someones talking about something. If I can't be on the river, I want to hear from someone who has been. Or at least get on here and try and learn something else about it. I've been getting out at least once a week. Sometimes 2,3, or 4 times a week. And I can't get enough. I've definitely been hooked on this quest for the big blues. I look forward to many years of learning how to catch these fish.

12. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Sorry I missed you Cuz, guess I need to keep that phone in my pocket at all times. From now on I'll sleep with it, hate to miss another chance to go fishing with the great Cuz. :big_smile:

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Dang it!! Cuz as much as I love to hear that...It almost upsets me to the point of bringing tears to my eyes!:too_sad:

I sure wish I would have gotten that text message in time this morning, I sure would've gone with ya!

Dang dang dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ah:

Great job Cuz, now I really don't feel all that bad that you're in Florida! :amazed:

Just kiddin!

14. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Hey God, I mean Cuz. :smile2: There's supposed to be a cold front moving in tomorrow. The temp is supposed to drop through out the day tomorrow. What are your thoughts on that?

15. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I tell you guys what. A man can get a lot more work done during the day if he dosen't have some guy (Im not mentioning any names!) bothering him at work. All day long, all I hear is....I caught one...I caught another..and another....so on and so forth. Flat out ridiculous I tell ya. Way to torture a guy!:big_smile: I guess that's what payback is though. Hey Cuz.....did I mention that when you are working this weekend, I'll be hunting????? I'll be SURE to let you know when I get him!! LMAO!!!:big_smile:
    Congrats on the good day!

16. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Kind of hard to pay him back like that Gary unless your gonna shoot 15 deer:roll_eyes:

17. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Don't think I wont!! Tags are unlimited for does, and I have lots of them that need shot!! We killed 12 last weekend. Need any deer meat?:smile2:

18. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Note to self....Grow some horns and dont cross Gary!:smile2::smile2:

19. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I'm guessing you're butchering them yourselves? That could get expensive.

20. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I don't know if that's a good idea. You see, until I purchase more antlerless tags, the only one I have left is a buck tag!!! LMAO!!!!

Looks like I hijacked another thread!!! LMFAO!!:smile2::smile2: