Anyone Fishing The Wabash

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Elpy54, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Elpy54

Elpy54 New Member

State:
    IN
    I went to the Wabash last eveing and fished until dark with only one bite. I fished a 30ft hole with cut shad wish would usually be productive for at least a 10 lb blue. Anyone have an input?

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I havent been on it since the water dropped below 2.5' here in Terre Haute, I was gonna give it a shot this weekend.

3. catfishpatrol

catfishpatrol New Member

State:
    Kokomo, Indiana
    ive tried it between logansport and lafeyette in a few spots this past week and only caught one small channel:sad2:

4. Frog Legs

Frog Legs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    We were on the Wabash near Hutsonville this morning. The river was up about 5 feet. We only got 1 bite, but it turned out to be a 45# Flathead! It took us about 30 minutes to get him in the boat. Took lots of pictures then turned him loose. What a rush! Frog Legs

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    cant wait to see the pics frog! nice job!

6. Frog Legs

Frog Legs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My son came home from college and put the flathead pictures on my profile for me. It's almost too warm to bowhunt so I might try the ole Wabash one afternoon this week!

7. afishpatrol

afishpatrol New Member

State:
    indiana
    good luck and take the leaf rake with ya, the flow of leaves coming down the river is unbearable, hope it clears out soon. we have busted some real nice fish out of that river this summer though.