Anyone fishing the Mississippy now?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by ultramindbrk, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am going to give it a try tomorrow! I am off,so I am going to target some blues from the bank! Hopefully I can catch a few for the freezer..Anyone else givin it a try this week?

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    You'll have to fish below Alton if you plan on fishing from the bank. There is clear water for a few miles below Winfield Dam but I don't know of any bank access there. I drove the whole Missouri side of pool 26 yesterday to check it out and it's iced up. The Missouri river is flowing free all the way to the confluence, that's your best bet right now. Good Luck!

3. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well I was going to try Winfield -sandy slough..But on the actual river..Thought maybe out on a dyke..Maybe by morning it'll be cleared up!

4. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If not..I'll head on down to ameristar and fish the missouri! :)

Thanks for the info! I just wanted to drown some bait with my new gear! I NEED A BOAT!

Maybe soon!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Have you been there before? You aren't going to find any fishable dikes (from the bank) below Winfield Dam, they are submerged, not like the dikes in the OPEN RIVER. Bank access there is private property also. It is cleared up below the dam now so you won't find anything different in the morning. Above the dam is a jumbled mess of ice floes stacked on top of each other all the way across the river. That won't be fishable until possibly Spring.

6. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Oh I meant on the north side..There is a nice wing dyke a little walk up from the dam..I thought maybe it would get out far enough on the river to bypass the ice..I have never fish from the bank on the south side..Just in a boat..Anyhow..So much for that idea..I guess I will be heading to ameristar!