Anyone Fishing the Meramec thid weekend ?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Manny, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Im gonna try Sat. morning into the afternoon. More to run the boat and make sure tip top. ( I wish )

Ill probably try a little drifting, If I cant find the cats Ill look for a crappie or two. Ill be launching from George Winter.

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I'll be at Maramec in the morning. Only difference is I'll be trout fishing at Maramec Springs....does that count? :wink:

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Manny, did I see your house up for sale? Or, is that your neighbor?

4. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Must be a neighbor, Im not going anywhere.

Except. FISHING:wink:

5. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    No Cats stayed in the lake area at GW. Did catch about 10 crappie and a few bluegill. :confused2:

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Manny, we keep tellin ya, don't use white/red roostertails to catch catfish.:wink:

7. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    I did try for about 30 min. with shad drifting. But the wind picked up and a friend had his daughter with us. So I put her on some crappie and bluegill. And you know she caught the biggest one.:roll_eyes:

8. catfishman352007

catfishman352007 New Member

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    hey manny i am on messenger are you? i was on the meramac this morning until 430 quarter till 5 this evening even went out on the mighty miss only cought 4 or 5 small cats and 1 drum

9. KamoKing

KamoKing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just a question to you guys that fish the Meremac. Where is the closest boat ramp to the Mississippi down that way? I have looked around and would it be the Flamm boat ramp? I am looking for a boat ramp south of the 255 bridge and seems that the Flamm would be the closest one. Anybody have an idea on how far it is to the Miss or if its a shallow run, fulls of trees, etc? Just looking for any info on ramps down that way for a 20' SeaArk.

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Quite a few of us Gateway Cat's members fish the river below the 255 bridge. Most of us put in at the Flamm City Ramp, providing the Meramec isn't too shallow. You should be able to put in with your boat on anything above 6 ft stage. It's not far at all, perhaps the better part of a mile, down to the Mississippi. As long as you stay in the main channel, you shouldn't have problems. I haven't been out yet this year, but others here have and could advise on anything new to look out for.

Check level here:
    http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=lsx&gage=arnm7&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1

Looks like it's at almost 8 ft & rising right now.

11. KamoKing

KamoKing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Cool thats what I was wanting to know. Thanks a lot I will have to check out that ramp next time I am down that way.

12. catfishman352007

catfishman352007 New Member

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    hello all are there anyone fishing the meramac river this weekend? if so ill be there all day fishing for catfish at flamm city hope to see some of you all there

13. craigfsh1

craigfsh1 New Member

State:
    mo
    we went to rush island last sat. started fishing at 9am had 3 in the boat by 10am than it just shut off. never got a bit after that. biggest one was about 10pounds.

14. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Banked fished for about an hour Monday night under the Arnold bridge by park. I caught 1 maybe a couple pounds and one dink on froze shad. Tuesday night only a few bites, but no takers. I met a couple members though and will be trying again Sunday.

15. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i was out there on wed, only got one bite and boy did he slam it. i tried to fight that guy in for a few minutes and then he just let go. i never got to see it but boy was that surprising on the meramec to see my rod bend like that. i was using a huge live gold fish i got from petco on the way out on a gama octo size 7.