Anyone fishing Sunday March 2?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by hardtime, Mar 1, 2008.

1. hardtime

hardtime New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Goin' either Weldon Springs or St. Charles and was wondering if anyone having any luck getting bait? Just curious. Thanks.

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Can't help you much in that area, we hit the river today and stopped at a little feeder creek and with one throw we had the net so full we could hardly get it in the boat. We kept about 12 big shad and through the rest back. Although we only caught one fish and it hit on skipjack.

We were fishing on the Mississippi around the Meremac.

3. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i went out today, man it was warm, my face is wind burned. well the fishing was not good at all. the wind was gusting up to 30 mph ,wow 3-5 foot waves. i went to five, six diff. spots and not a bite. i had skip jack and fresh shad. i marked a lot of fish but couldent get them to bite. the river here has droped ten feet this week, but is still high. oh well i was just happy to get out there and play with the 797, and new trolling motor. so now ive got to try and wash this white stripe off my back. frist one ive had in a long time:crazy:

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Man I wish I could have been on the water today, that wind had to be brutal though. No worries Russ, I think these fish are just gorging on dead shad and with the river dropping they have a bad case of lockjaw.
    How did you like the new fishfinder? I have fished in one guys boat that had the 797 and it was sweat! One of these days this summer I would like to come down that way and fish that area. I have read your posts and it sounds like you know where they are on any given day. Hopefully this slow bite wont last too much longer and we can get back to business as usual.

Hopefully this next front coming through will be the last of this winter BS. I am ready for it to be this warm every day.

5. jjfisher666

jjfisher666 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    caught couple small channel wind was bad saturday nice to be on the water end of winter !

6. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    ryan your always welcome to come down here, let this cold stuff get out of here & and we will give those kittys a run for there money

7. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Rusty,

I drove up the levee around 2:00 and saw the river, told my buddy somebody would have to have a seaworthy vessel to be out there today. Then I saw your truck at the ramp!:crazy:

8. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    joey , you talk about ruff , some of those waves was 5 foot or better. that wind was stright out of the south at 30 mph . but we made it fine. just really slow. the ole miss. was rock-n-rollin:eek:oooh:

9. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    That sounds like a plan Russ, I would love to come down there and go fishing with you. If you ever want to come up here when we have a hot bite just say the word. Man I can't wait until the water and the weather get right again. I am ready to catch some big fish.

10. catchase

catchase New Member

State:
    Missouri
    sounds like ruff water. i am not sure my 16ft flat bottom would stand a chance.