Anyone fishing Salt Fork?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rockbass, Sep 9, 2009.

1. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have made one trip to Salt Fork in the last couple weeks for cats, but haven't done very well. We caught 3 fish, but barely broke the 10 lb mark.
    I've been hearing of a lot of big flatties coming from the lake. One 62 lber, at least 10 in the 40 lb range and quite a few 15-25's.

Anyone else having any luck? I fished near the ranger station from boat to get the ones we got. Some of the ones I've been hearing have been from boat, some from shore.

2. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Haven't fished it since the gathering back in May (it WAS May wasn't it?) but with the fall bite coming might have to schedule a return trip soon. Hope someone can help out with some recent info.

3. brandonbtbt

brandonbtbt New Member

State:
    Cambridge, OH
    i fished salt fork the past 10 nights in a row and we havent gotten anything... missed a few fish but havent landed anything... the lake hasnt been producing at all

4. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's crazy. With all the big ones being caught down there in the last month I'm surprised you guys haven't done anything with 10 nights of fishin. I am not much of a lake fisherman, but I am trying to learn more and more. One day I hope to be able to locate fish like these ones that are catching the bigguns.

Good luck to you guys when you get back out. I may try my luck there this weekend........either Salt Fork or the Ohio from shore.