Anyone fishing Ray Roberts Lake?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by colten, Aug 19, 2009.

1. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Has anyone been fishing Ray Roberts Lake lately? I am hoping to go out this weekend and was wondering if they were biting.

2. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Does anyone here fish Ray Roberts?

3. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Colten, I used to bass fish at RR a long time ago. I haven't been there in about 10 years. I did hear they are catching channels pretty good over there though.

4. koondawg

koondawg New Member

State:
    texas
    Fished for crappie 09/09, it was slow, caught 15, worked on my boat this date putting new rod holder rig on it. Plan on fishing for cats next week 09/15. Will post a report.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck Bill!

6. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    It has been raining like crazy this weekend. I wanted to get out a little, but didn't.

7. koondawg

koondawg New Member

State:
    texas
    Fished for blues with live and cut shad in shallow flats, and deep holes for 5 hours, caught one alligator gar.

Fished up the creek at Lake Lewisville, the day before caught 9 blues, from 2 to 16lbs. It was a longways up a narrow creek in 2-6ft of moving water, using cut and live gizzard shad

Got a big 24ft Falcon, stuck up the creek, at Lewisville, bought a 16ft Tracker, bet it will not be such a chore to get loose in a narrow creek.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  8. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the update. I still need to do a little work on my boat before I can take it out again. Maybe next weekend.

9. koondawg

koondawg New Member

State:
    texas
    Fished 9/26, shallow water 4-10ft in the flats, used live and cut shad, Danny King Punch bait. Cody King and I caught 5 in 5 hrs, all dinks.
    1 blue the rest were channels.
    I think the lake is turning over, had fished the day before for crappie and caught one in 3hrs.
    The other Cody fished upper end of the Red, west of 377, caught 44 nice keepers in 31/2 hrs.

Will go to the Red if I get the Kenner repaired, starter solinoid sticking on my evenirude.

good luck, where ever you fish, and they don't count unless you get them in the boat.

Adios,
    Kd