Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at going out on Thursday afternoon. Anybody else going to be out there? It's supposed to be a great day, I'm just hoping their not all spawning. I'm still learning this whole thing. If someone wants to come along I have a nice boat and the gas money.

TJ

·
Registered
703 Posts
I was out yesterday and the bite is still going on...water temp was 65 degrees...a little cool for the spawn. You should be fine. Unfortunately, I have to work on Thursday otherwise I would take you up on your offer. Good luck.

·
Registered
468 Posts
wow 65? The fishing is still great then. I was at the barge pitts sunday and it was 85 degrees and 75 throughout the main channel. The spawn sucks but I'm very patient.

Glad to see you got enough rod holders on there for my rods too ramon! lol SEE YA SOON BRO

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Glad to see you got enough rod holders on there for my rods too ramon! lol SEE YA SOON BRO
no problem man, if you wanna bring a few of yours thats fine. I have 14 rod holders and have 15 rods on the boat. I can leave some at home for you. If not you're stuck using circle hooks lol. Naw I got some 9/0 and 10/0 snelled King Kahles if you still wanna leave yours at home. see ya Saturday for some scouting

·
Registered
468 Posts
no problem man, if you wanna bring a few of yours thats fine. I have 14 rod holders and have 15 rods on the boat. I can leave some at home for you. If not you're stuck using circle hooks lol. Naw I got some 9/0 and 10/0 snelled King Kahles if you still wanna leave yours at home. see ya Saturday for some scouting
I will probably bring 3 or 4 rods, (in case you try to stick me with that pink one and take a pic!) ...........I think you can only have 10 on the boat for the tournement.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Erick,

Sorry I didn't get back with you. I didn't get online the last couple days. I ended up launching out of Leesylvania, you didn't miss a whole lot. Larry and I went out and we caught a total of 4, all about the same size, about 8 pounds. I still had a great time and got to meet a great guy in Larry. I already went out and spent a few hundred today at Bass Pro Shop on some new reels. Larry, my wife says thanks! :) I'll be down that way again on Monday, anybody going out?

·
Registered
225 Posts
no problem. I have been down to the James about seven times now and I am looking to add the potomac to my list of places to get the toon out on the river. I have talked to Larry also about going out of leesylvania some time. I guess the spawn is getting ready to happen on the potomac soon. Oh, by the way TJ, I live in Chambersburg, pa. It's probably about an hour and a half from Leesylvania, and about three and a half from the James.

·
Registered
703 Posts
VHF Channel 16 is not for chit chatin fool :)

Sorry I am in the USCG, I know alot of people use it as such no worries

I know it's not for chit chatin...it's used for emergency communications and for hailing other vessels. Once contact is made, it's just a push of a button to go to another channel. Since all boats with a radio are required to monitor Ch. 16, hailing and changing the channel are the only way to comply with USCG regulations.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know it's not for chit chatin...it's used for emergency communications and for hailing other vessels. Once contact is made, it's just a push of a button to go to another channel. Since all boats with a radio are required to monitor Ch. 16, hailing and changing the channel are the only way to comply with USCG regulations.
:) Ya I was just pullin your chain alittle, us Coast Guard radio operators are pretty lenient, plus you guys keep us intertained on those long boring nights and days:cowboy:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Went out Wednesday Night, (just got home). Caught about 20 fish between me and another guy. Most were about 4 or 5 lbs including 1 blue still full of eggs.

Using Shrimp, cut shad, blue gills, minnows, and squid. All caught fish with the minnows catching the most, had one big hit that nearly pulled my pole into the water, was using the head of cut shad about the size of my palm, by the time I could get the line taunt he was gone :disapointed:

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Went out Wednesday Night, (just got home). Caught about 20 fish between me and another guy. Most were about 4 or 5 lbs including 1 blue still full of eggs.

Using Shrimp, cut shad, blue gills, minnows, and squid. All caught fish with the minnows catching the most, had one big hit that nearly pulled my pole into the water, was using the head of cut shad about the size of my palm, by the time I could get the line taunt he was gone :disapointed:
congrats on a good night man, that monster you lost was just a taste, there's plenty in there

·
Registered
468 Posts

GOOD JOB! Not a bad start :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.