Anyone fishing Logan Martin?

Discussion in 'ALABAMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by trad_archer, Jan 11, 2006.

1. trad_archer

trad_archer New Member

State:
    Cook Springs, AL
    This is kind of a dead section and i know there are tons of catfishermen, i see them everyday! Any logan martin fishermen on this forum? I really would like to compare notes or get some of you guys together for some of our "local" tournaments.

2. mcronican

mcronican New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hey! Well, a good friend of mine has a house on Logan Martin right above the Dam, he's back in a slough(sp?) where a ton of cats seem to hang out. We mostly catch them on jugs but last year we pulled one in we think to be between 25-30lbs.

3. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    i dont know how much help this is but about 3 years ago i fished there everyday, channels would hit empty hooks it was crazy

4. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I catch most of my cats below the damn. About 1 mile below Kelly creek.
    I have a cousin that lives in site of the dam, but he is a crappy fisherman. I visit a couple days a year and we fish for crappy.

5. bamacatman

bamacatman New Member

State:
    alabama
    hey Trad I fish the Logan Martin. Give me a yell sometime I would like to talk w/ya

6. lwarren

lwarren New Member

State:
    alabama
    I live on Logan and am catfishing on the weekends for the next few months. Chocoloc creek is hot this week and should stay that way for at least three more weeks.

7. williambevels

williambevels New Member

State:
    alabama
    The catfishing has slowed down at the dam .lots of small cats are being caught on shad and liver.The larger cats are still there as well,but are biting a little slow.

I fish there every night ( almost).

the large blue cats are being caught on cut up blue giles and shad.two weeks ago i caught a 25lber,28 lber and a 50 lb from the bank.last night I caught a 15lber.the better catfishing is at night.

these fish was caught on the flood gate side of the dam were the rocks are are at and also at the spring.
    the saltwater strippers are hitting there while the water is on using small spoons and white jerk worms.I picked up a 10lber last night as well using cut shad while the water was on .free lining with no lead.the strippers are feeding during the day and some are caught at night.around the rocks and spring the strippers are feeding hard once the water just gets cut off and will feed aprox from the time the water is off till 30 minutes later.then the strippers stop busting the surface.