Anyone fishing lake travis in Texas?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by knapperheadmatt, Apr 5, 2006.

1. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    i've been scuba diving in travis and seen some real nice catfish. big blues channels and yellows. anyone here fish travis? i've only been diving in the scuba parks where fishing is prohibited of course.i have a kayak to fish from so i'm kind of limited. i wolud like to do some drift fishing,any info would be much appreciated.
    thanks
    matt

2. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    matt
    I have some friends that fish the upper end of travis. They fish in or near the Jackson Bottom LCRA park. There is a deep hole below the fault that croses the lake. They catch some nice fish there. They bank fish some in the winter time. Have not been with them but it has been on my to do list. Not very detailed but I hope this helps.

3. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    byron, thanks for the tip. if i see your buddies there i won't tell them you sent me;)
    good luck,
    matt
    ps do you fish buchanon much?

4. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    I fish Choke Canyon November to June. Then come home and fish Buchanan mostly and Inks a little thru the summer. Since the ramp at the dam closed we mostly fish the upper end and up the river to the State Park. The level is getting low enough that you might not be able to get up to Fall Creek. To fish the river we go up and put in at the State Park. Prospects are looking kind of grim this year. We may still get our 4 th of July flood though.

5. catfish casanova

catfish casanova New Member

I fish off a dock right near the Lakeway marina. Fishing is average at best. My niece caught a really nice crappie last year from the dock and I usually catch a couple of 1-2 lb per hour.

Double C