Anyone fishing Lake Overholser?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mtrimble, Dec 11, 2005.

1. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Poor Overholser. Its a neglected lake. A guy in the paper caught a 68 lb flat there this summer. I fish the river in the wildlife refuge right by Overholser. I dont get out on the lake itself much. Would like to hear from somebody that does.

2. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    I have fished it a handful of times without much sucess. I have started tube fishing it along the cat tails on the north side. That is how and where the "biggun" was caught. Although I am not during the cold months.
    If I recall the story correct it was a Bethany fireman and he was useing a homemade dough bait that he said did not stink and he offered no other details about his bait.
    The best thing about this lake IMO is the easy access. I have seen quite a few walleye caught below the dam and many, many gar. Just for the sport I would like to target the gar on one of my trips there.

3. DONNIE

DONNIE New Member

State:
    Luther, oklahoma
    I have fished the lake alot a few years back I caught alot of channels using fresh shad or DANNY KING'S PUNCH BAIT . you need to throw out 50 yards or more p.m. GOOD LUCK

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i've fished it couple of times with no success. it is one of those lakes you have to fish til you find the spots, would be my guess