Anyone fishing from howell island to 40/61?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by N8theGr8, Nov 24, 2009.

1. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    Im new to the site and just recently started catfishing this summer lol. Iv been fishing the missouri from the banks for the past 3 months or so with shad, bluegill, goldfish and worms and have yet to exceed an 11lb blue. just wondering what works for u guys and what u have caught.

2. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Your using the right stuff, might need to try and find some different structure. Once water is down try fishing off the wing dikes, fish off the tip of it, at the swirl on the back side, and try the front side also. This high water makes it tough out there right now. :sad2:

3. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    yea the past few weeks have been terrible. so much debris and what not. what bait have u been having luck with latley if u dont mind me asking?

4. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Been using shad, and sucker fish. Havent really been catching a lot though :sad2: The next big fish is just one cast away though. :big_smile:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  5. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    i dont have enough post yet to reply to your pm but yea i bagged up a few pounds of shad i got while at truman dam but i went through that in no time so now im just buying frozen shad most of the time or using live goldfish. i basicaly gave up on night crawlers. all i get with those is sturgeon and carp. me and my bro put in over 12 hours on the mo yesterday moving to 3 different spots within a 2 mile stretch and ended up with 2 sturgeon. dissapointing lol...... im too dedicated to quit though haha. my buddy wants to try out the melvin price dam soon. have u ever fished there? i usually just get on google earth and find a bend or a dike that looks good the use my gps to get there.

6. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    No I haven't fished up that way, I think Motopro00 fished up there earlier this week, he might be able to post a reply soon.

7. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    ok thanks man.

8. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    welcome n8! can you receive pm yet?