Anyone fishing central ohio this weekend?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Nov 3, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    tony (t-spergin) usually gets this post going. haven't heard much from him lately..i hope everything is going well tony. so is anyone fishing this weekend? rollo

2. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I won't be going till tuesday or wednesday. In the daylight lol. Too cold to stay out after dark. Are you up for a daytime trip Loanwizard? We can hit your stretch or mine or go farther south. I have a spot to try down by Philo that just has to be a flathead wintering hole. But I will have to blindfold you on the boatride there lol lol.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    skip, you will probably be taking his boat. it probably wouldn't be the smartest move to blindfold the driver! just my opinion though...lol...rollo

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    LOL LOL LOL , I forgot about that part. If I blindfolded him maybe I could get him to drive over the dam LOL.

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    NOT AGAIN!!!! i thought we were over this ramping ellis dam fedish!! your not ramping the dam skip, and your not blinfoldin the loanwizard!!:smile2:

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    That would be cool! It's a jet so go ahead blindfold me. I'm up for Wednesday am to about 3, either my stretch or Philo, your call. Have boat will travel!

7. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    BTW, driving over the dam going downstream is for wimps! I want to go up one in high water! :big_smile:

8. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    lets go ramp!!!
    im going out frezzing tonight!!

9. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Shawn can you go Tues.? It looks like the weather will be worse on wed. I say lets go to philo, its neutral water lol. And we can learn it together.

10. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Nope, going Wednesday come Hello or high water.... or a Blizzard!

Let me know if you want to go.

Jack, that goes for you too.

11. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Allright wednesday it is. Jack dig out your long underwear lol. It will be cold and rainy/snowy. Perfect catfishing weather lol.

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    skip long underwear isn't gonna save jack!!! i see why shawn has the heater in the boat..and it still can't convince him to go!!!lol rollo:smile2:

13. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    You mean I'm gonna have heat too? This is turning out better than expected already lol.

14. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Cmon, it's me! We'll have a heater, a grill, thermos, the works. What time we gonna meet at the bait stop?

15. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    any reports from the loanwizard or skip? just curious to see whats going on in the cold waters of the muskingum. would love to freeze my ace off with ya if i were still up that way.....if ya'll start learning those wintering holes real well i might need to re-schedule my vacation time, lol.

16. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Well, here's what happened. We went to a stretch of river that was new to us. We launched at about 9:30 am. We found a 27 foot hole that spanned the entire river. We set up and got dome real finicky taps. We slid downstream, actually running the full 18-20 miles to the next dam throughout the day. We found out that the Gar like those deep holes too. We caught 3 channels all day including one in the middle of a snow squall. Like I said, we probably had 50-75 taps but just a few solid enough to cross their eyes with. We had a heater, and we grilled some burgers and left @ approx 5:30 pm.
    Water temp was 48.5 degrees.

It was a nice day and I sure enjoyed the daytime aspect of it.

Maybe Skip will upload the video of a cat in a snowstorm.

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    That will make a sweet video lol. All I need is someone who can help me get it from Hi-8 video onto the computer. I'm a fisherman not a computer genius lol. We fished many different holes and depths, but with that many miles of water to cover it will take some more trips to find the correct holes.

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you both were lovin it too!!!! lol... i thought i was the only idiot for years fishing when everyone said i was stupid! snow, freezing drizzle, busting the line free in the eyes!! it brings a different appreciation to fishing in warm weather. but, proof again.. they aren't done biting and still fish to be caught. glad you guys had a interesting day...rollo:big_smile:

19. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Good time to remember guys.
    Out frezzing in November!!!!
    Going out Tuesday the12th!!!
    GrassMowing is comeing to a end.
    an so is my night time cat chaseing!!
    Maybe put my woodburer on my Boat.
    IF ITS A SNOWING IM A MOWING!!!

20. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    LOL, I showed my wife the footage of Shawn catching his channel in the snowstorm. She just shook her head and told me I'm nutz. I rather think its dedication. I want to thank the loanwizard for burning up a tank of gas, (cause I wouldn't rest till we hit the lower dam). He also had a kick ass propane heater on the boat, and he even had a portable grill He cooked 4 burgers on for lunch right after that snowstorm lol. Best burgers I had this year lol. Fishing with Shawn is like fishing with the president LOL, LOL. The only thing missing was the interns.