anyone fishing brookville

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Jadkins, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    Just wanted to see if anyone been to the lake... if so how did you do i aint been out to the lake since Sep 9 an didnt do that good....

2. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Need to get out there. I'm out of fillets in the freezer. When we going to go?

3. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    today if u want to see me devorced and dead.

4. tysonhunter

tysonhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Brand new to forum and have to say there's a wealth of information and experience on this site! I am from the Richmond area and have spent a lot of time in,on,around Brookville. Love to hunt and fish the area. Due to not having a boat I fish a LOT from the 44 bridge area walking south basically behind whitewater. Have a lot of luck with channels however I am wanting to catch bigger fish and would welcome any and all advice. Not looking for GPS coordinates just a good place to bank fish where I have the chance of bigger catch. (love catching them channels just want to know the opporunity for a bigger cat exists) Hopefully one day Ill have my boat but for now it is what it is. Im a single daddy barely making ends meet but Man how I love to chase them whisker fish lol. Also, I have never really started thinking cat fish this early yet I am quite frankly over rabbit/squirrell, deer is now over, and turkey is a ways out so Im thinking of putting on the cold weather gear, re-stringing my poles and getting out there. Thanks in advance for help guys and I am very glad I stumbled across this site!I also might add that I am not apposed to channels either just want to graduate from the under 5lb club I am stuck in.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  5. Trapper-steve

Trapper-steve Well-Known Member

State:
    Bicknell, IN
    Welcome Harry, to the USCA :flag:

6. tysonhunter

tysonhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm excited about this forum & all the years on knowledge & experience it will make available.
    A LOT of info on Brookville here which is where I mainly am able to hunt & fish so I can't wait. Heck if someone leads me
    To believe that I could catch something this early I may bank fish quakertown this weekend! Have no bait though...

7. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Catching channels this time of year is no problem except that the last I heard The lake is frozen from Fairfield causeway north.
    Steve

8. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    the lake is frozen from the north to the south went out yesterday an she coverd with ice

9. softcraw

softcraw New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If you want to catch large catfish, Brookville is not the place!

10. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    There are big blues in Brookville, you just have to know where to find them.:winky:

Can't wait for Spring! Hang in there Bro's!

11. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Big is a relative term. If you are use to fishing and catching 10 inchers then 10 lbs is big. If you fish the ohio river all the time then maybe 40 pounds is a big fish. If you fish pickwick or wheeler lake in alabama then it may have to be a 70 lb fish to be big. There are some nice fish in Brookville and a lot of quality fish. And the minute this ice drops of will be the perfect time.

12. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Shane is the Brookville king!
    But he never takes anyone fishing with him though, so he never gets to share his secrets!
    JK, LOL!

13. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No sad to say im not the king. Wish I was. Im so sick of being couped up. I generally fish more in one weekend than I have gotten to fish whole winter. I tired of COLD SNOW AND WIND!!!!I was going to go south and go this weekend since I had 3 days off. Wound up working 15 hours on saturday!!!!! Screwed that 3 day weekend up.

14. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    How far south do we need to go for nice weather? Probably central Florida!

The drive seems shorter every time I look out the window!