Anyone fishing at Cannelton?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by rivertoon, Aug 28, 2008.

1. rivertoon

rivertoon New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I have a trip planned to try to fish Cannelton Friday evening with my son. Has anyone fish this area lately? I thought that the oxygen there might might draw in the fish now. If anyone has been there in the last few days, how many gates are open on the dam? I did check and the bridge at Stephensport is back open so it will help me get there a little easier.:big_smile:

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good luck ! Be safe ! :wink::big_smile:

3. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have not been down there in two weeks or so. we were doing good with blues last time cought on fresh skipp luckly (left house with know bait) but was only picking up about one skipp every 20 or 30 mins. just enough to keep poles out and with fresh bait on them. anyways good luck there are some big guns back there. if you take a boat be carefull that dam has already claimed three people this summer:sad2:

4. rivertoon

rivertoon New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Just got back in from Cannelton. The fishing was great. Went from the worst trip of the year to the best trip of the year. Had problems getting the boat to set still until the wind died at dark but then the fish started to hit. We caught 19 cats, and a real mixture of fish. One flat head, one spoonbill(around 25lb.), several blues and channels. The fish ranged in size with the smallest being a channel around 10 inches to blues and a channel in the 15 lb. range and the spoonbill. This was only the second time I have ever seen one caught on a hook.

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks for the report reps your way !