Anyone fishing around Toad Suck/Conway?

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by ccat, Aug 26, 2009.

1. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I might be taking the ComboCat down to Greers Ferry this weekend, but promised Big Sam I would lay off Greers for a while.........a long while.
    My daughter and I might fish, but will hold true to my promise...NO GREERS FERRY!!!!!!!:crazy:
    We would only be an hour from the Arkansas river and Conway. Don't really want to mess with the Little Rock area or drive all the way up to Russellville.
    Has anyone heard anything about the Toad Suck area and on down?
    I have been drifting from Spadra up to dam #13 and would like to do the same in this area, but never have fished it.
    Any info would help.

2. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I never have fished toad suck but have been there many times you need to go on AGFC. comreport on AR river if I where you I would take a little extra time and go to morraltin I believe LD #9 most of the time they get a prety good report and they have a hydro if the dam is not running, good luck to you:smile2:

3. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark
    i have caught a bunch of fish at toad sux,, but i fish the flood gates,, have never floated!!!! i have seen people doing it, didnt notice them doing much good,,, i have seen lots of people doing pretty good at morrilton ,, drifting the hydro to the power lines,,, it would be a better place for drifting i bet,, but if you can fish the flood gates toad sux is pretty good!!

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    This could be considered "out-of-bounds"!!!:eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2: If there is current or a 5-10mph wind you can drift just about any where use that graph ccat:wink: It is fun trying new waters & a challenge:cool2:

5. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Toad suck might be a place for the rc boat. I've seen it only once:big_smile:

6. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark
    you need to take me some time at dam 10,, i wuz going to make me one of them bout 10 years ago,, but i never did,, looks like it would work great,,, i fish the same way but i cant use live bait or big bait,, but we get some gooduns up against the dams,, biggest fish i have ever seen come out of toad suck was 32 pounds biggist one we have ever got down there was 26 pounds,, just dont seem to get big ones there,,, but you can get numbers lots of 40 fish days there 3-15 pounds..

7. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Sam,
    I am still laughing at your "out of bounds" comment. I am just trying to stay away from "the dead sea."
    I might run up to Morrilton and drift there. With my daughter, I just want numbers.
    My buddy up here said he is going bass fishing this weekend on Beaver. He said he promises he won't say that curse word after this weekend. I just reminded him he would be fishing for "bait"

8. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    You wanna take the RC on a trip then we need to head on over to kerr:eek:oooh::wink: 1000ft to paradise:cool2:

9. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    That's a long old boat ride:big_smile::big_smile:

10. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Jerry Trew can tell you about fishing below Toad Suck. He has fished that water many times.

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    First, be sure to try around the bluffs across the river and just downstream from the ramp. Also, look for the ramains of an old walkway down the bluff; just out from that is a big rockpile, probably from building the walkway. Look out for trotlines along the bank for about half a mile or so below the bluffs; there have always been some there every time I fished there. As you get with a mile or two of Bigelow, fish the dikes parallel to the right side of the river; there's one where the upper end of the jetty sticks out a little into the current, and that causes a big eddy, with a hard current flow going behind the dike. There's an underwater dike this current flows over, so be careful not to let it drag you over; I ruined a prop there. But the river side of the dike has produced quite a few eating size fish for me. A little way downstream, you'll see a channel marker up on the shore with a big backwater below it. Drifting by that marker and on down a little has produced blues up to 16# for me. Once you get past the Bigelow ramp on the right, you're in water unfamiliar to me, but the Fouche River enters the Arkansas a couple of miles down, and from what I've heard, the fishing just keeps getting better as you go further down.

12. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Jerry,
    I was hoping you would chime in on this post of mine, as this is close to your neck of the woods. I should be out there tomorrow and will take all of yall's advice.
    It will hurt fishing this far down knowing big sam, regan and johnny will be on Kerr on Sunday.
    oh well, I will put a post on here of the results.
    Thanks