Anyone fished the bear traps or the falls lately

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by BLuegill2007, Oct 3, 2007.

1. BLuegill2007

BLuegill2007 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have been down the falls and the bear traps for 2 weeks and havent had anygood cats 3-4 lbs alot of skippies though we caught around 200 last week but the big cats i cant find HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!

2. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Thomas
    Where are the bear traps??

3. BLuegill2007

BLuegill2007 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    For years Linda my pawpaw has called the gates at the hydro plant the bear traps cause he said when they arent letting water out they look like bear traps and they do haha I fish there alot on the boat ramp at George Rogers Clark Park in Indiana and when my buddies go out in the boat im sure to go I hope that helps a little bit

4. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    the bear traps ai apparently a old school phrase . i can remeber my grand parents had these little shacks for camping rite across the river from them thats what they always called them also. i sometimes confuse the younger guys too, by referring to them as the bear traps but i really never questioned why they were called that now i know thanks...

5. BLuegill2007

BLuegill2007 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Alot of the old shacks are still there and people still use them they remind me of something youd see on a horror movie with a bunch or weird people in them ha ha but still not alot of action as far as the big cats been a few more than last month so im hopeing it will change

6. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    it will pick up soon catfish are scatterd right now . wont be long theyll start schoolin again . then the heat will be on.