anyone fished Grand Lake lately?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by C Hill, Jan 16, 2008.

1. C Hill

C Hill New Member

State:
    Catoosa, Oklahoma
    i know its still freezin outside but im goin up to bears den next weekend for the weekend. prolly stay in the heated dock most of the time though fishin for cats and crappies. anyone fished this area lately for either crappie or catfish?

2. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I haven't fished up there any, i went and up to twin bridges dock last week, and there catching some crappies, if you get down south of Goat Island or more I'll be fishing from to the dam look me up, catching 30 or more blues everyday

3. jdorton

jdorton New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    ive been up by sailboat bridge, but did better at paradise point, its took a while to find the blues but the spoonbill are stacked thick just north of there. im new to catfish 1 and live on the elk river, dont get up toward the dam much but sound like your doing pretty good up there. how deep are fish you been getting? All mine have been right on the edge of the channel over 30ft.

4. Jugs by Bert

Jugs by Bert New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Blue Catfish are on at Grand Lake. Guided a few days ago, 36 fish up to 23 pounds. I hear and see a lot of spoonbills being caught around sailboat bridge. when they are on, you can see the boats stacked in there.

Mike:tounge_out:

5. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I will be over around sail boat bridges tomorrow and Sunday trying to hook into some spoonbill. I will do some fishing for blues if I can find the shad.(always seems to be a problem for me when its this cold). I usually put in at the Bears Den boat ramp. By the way, welcome to the BOC Joe. I will let you know how it turns out.

6. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Joe, i've been finding the blues just about everywhere i look, 40 to 50, 60 to 70, mostly off the main river channels, but catch alot drifting over the river channels also, ledges, drop-offs off the channels real good, the shad have been pretty easy to get right now lastweek before it got cold the small treadfins where lined up on my beach by the thousands for about 3 days and now they went back deep getting ready for the freeze, down below the river there's millions coming through the turbins the birds are stacked up, the blues i've been catching were about to explode their so fat, anyways where can a guy put in a boat close to sailboat, i'd hate to drive by boat?

7. jdorton

jdorton New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i usually put in at paradise point its not reall close but i can take a look around before i get there and its close to my place. probably somewhere near the bridge but i dont know where.

8. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    The nearest public access ramp I can think of is the city ramps. Just a 3 minute boat ride to sailboat bridge.