anyone fished below tremp. dam

Discussion in 'WISCONSIN RIVER TALK' started by knockdownducks, Jul 2, 2009.

1. knockdownducks

knockdownducks New Member

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    we are thinkin about going tonight any ideers

2. knockdownducks

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    hmm maybe it was a good decision to go to the other spot lol what a night we lost about 4 a piece also its hard not to set a hook when you grew up on it but i do love circle hooks........ getting some sleep going back out tonight pending the weather........

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      40.5 KB
      Views:

3. knockdownducks

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    wow another good night

Attached Files:

• 028.jpg
      028.jpg
      File size:
      24.8 KB
      Views:
  4. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Hey 'Ducks,
    That's a nice mess of cats. How long were you out?

A steady job and the love of a good woman have been the ruination of many a good fisherman

5. knockdownducks

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    i wont tell you how much of my life i have sacrificed so far this weekend, but the bite was good from @ an hour before dark till about 2 after, and the it started again at 4 A.M. till 10

6. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Go to bed. You've got a big night ahead of you.

7. knockdownducks

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    ok im workin on it lol i think i got em figured out im just missing the one piece of the puzzle to stay on them all night i missed them for a couple hours i think we didnt go in shallow enough but im not sure i chased them and stayed with them from 8 till about 12 then lost em till 2 then stayed on till the rain came, if i can get that little piece figured out then i can be a real catman....lol trying to make it a fifty total for the weekend.

Attached Files:

• 030.jpg
      030.jpg
      File size:
      24.9 KB
      Views:
  8. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Good luck tonight, 'Ducks. Hope you got some rest after you got those fish cleaned.

9. knockdownducks

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    well all is said and done on this marathon weekend got 28 cats total, team catfish gear is the only way to go there dual action circle hooks are awesome the furry things, and secret 7 are just a blowout compared to anything i have used also with the red dip tubes. got some pics uploaded and cant wait for next weekend.im off to appleton for work in the morning have a good week ........im hoping that by telling everyone i know about how good there products are i will get a hat or a shirt lol . no but really there stuff is built for cats, its the only thing in my tackle boxes.

10. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Awhile back one of my fishing buddies talked me into hiring a guide to take us out on the Mississippi at LaCrosse. We were down there Tuesday & Wenesday. What a waste of time & money! The guide showed up without any bait, junk for equipment and a lousy attitude. We fished for two days and caught 3 channel cats; nothing of any size. Needless to say, we wouldn't fish with this guy again if it was free....which it certainly wasn't.

A steady job and the love of a good woman has been the ruination of many a good fisherman

11. knockdownducks

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    just let me know i will take you guys out, i dont have the best equipment, the biggest boat, or the secret spots i just put my time in and have fun, and bang it comes together lol that is if the kids are not back yet by that time if they are you will hear alot of hootin and hollarin from our boat, anyone got facebook in the wisconsin section if so add me,

12. knockdownducks

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    got 21 last weekend also. threw about 7 back and one flathead

Attached Files:

• 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      42.5 KB
      Views:
  13. slaphound2000

slaphound2000 New Member

State:
    antigo, wisconsin
    i've always wanted to try the mississippi river, but havn't got the chance yet. i'll get there eventually. hopefully will get some good ones.

14. BL00DWE1SER

BL00DWE1SER New Member

State:
    WISCONSIN
    wow, looks like you've been cleaning house. I haven't had much luck but I really haven't been out that much.

15. knockdownducks

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    going to try tonight if the wind stays down.
    not looking for much with the cold snap.

16. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    No catfishing for me this weekend. The wife & I along with our kids and grandkids went to my parents' place in Siren. I did sneak down on the dock this morning and pick up a couple of largemouth bass. My wife has this week off so I'm going to take her catting on the Red Cedar.

17. knockdownducks

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    .yeah i have been out of town and i had to play with the wife this weekend also it was to cold, my kids will be back in a week or so then its game on again .

18. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Last week, we fished by tremp. dam so caught four catfish, biggest was 37". also caught little sturgeon and eel.

19. BARathke

BARathke New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I've never had that many fish in my boat, nice work!

I'm going to have to buy some Secret 7 dip bait and hooks. Do you buy them from their website?