Anyone fish the Tuscarawas river?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by crazy cathunter, Oct 22, 2007.

1. crazy cathunter

crazy cathunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    I have been a diehard catman since i could fish.I would like to know if anyone fishs the tuscy around Port Washington and further north. With cold weather on the way I need to find some deeper holes. I am just not ready to give up yet. The big problem is, when i see a good spot it always seems to be posted! I am a newbie to the sight, but i have been cattin for 30 years,and i always seem to have to take a extra trash bag full of trash with me when i leave my fishing spots. Maybe thats why so many places are posted? Well enough with complaining! If there is anyone with any suggestions it would be much appreciated. Remember this, Catfishin Rules!! How many Bass fishers do you see on the water in November,December and so on....

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    welcome rich to the site. lots of good info. i have fished the tusky some, but the only time i went to port washington was to that girl bar up there... lol i'm sure you know where i mean! but thats been yrs. back:wink: my wife restricts my traveling, and i have to wear one of those ankle bracelets now!!! :smile2: let me know if you need a fishing buddy that way... would love to see the scenery!!! lmao....rollo

3. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    i fish the Tusc 2-3 times a week for cats and i know a few decent area north of port washington. ive been fishng the river for 30 years and would love to do some fishing, let me know !!!

4. crazy cathunter

State:
    ohio
    The bar i think your talking about has burned down! If it was the one on the corner across from the big guns. I hope its the wrong one though. I do agree with ya man,nothing quite beats good corn fed scenery!

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    that was the only reason i started carpin on that river!!!! i feel... i feel like i have lost my soul!!! or.... a reason to go carpin! or just a reason! what excuse do i use now to tell my wife im goin fish'in towards newcomerstown? LOL:eek:oooh:

6. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Crazy Cathunter! I live in Gnaden, and fish all over the Tusc from Newcomerstown up to Bolivar. I was just out earlier to prefish for a tourney this weekend and caught a nice channel, but called it quits so I didn't sore mouth all the fish:wink:

With the water up some like it is, they are hitting good. I was using shad. I had 4 hits and landed the one fish. Not bad for a half hour considering the conditions:big_smile:

7. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think you were talking the Ugly Mug:wink: It's closed and boarded up. Owners got in legal trouble......and surprisingly it wasn't because of the girls.....and the other bar has burned down. the only excuse you need now is that you are fishin:wink:

8. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    How come y'all know so much about the Ugly Mug?!?!? :angry:

It was Tax evasion..... :wink:

9. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Cuz I live pretty close, and knew a lot of people that used to hang out and hang them out there:smile2:

It was more than tax evasion too.

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    that's too bad!!! that was a classy estabolishment! LMAO !!!

11. crazy cathunter

State:
    ohio
    Hey man thanks for the reply! I am headin down to Port Wash tomorrow about noon theres a spot on the river thats posted and i am going to see if i can figure out who owns it and see if i cant get the land owner to let me get to the River. I not i will doing some more scouting or be on river road.

12. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Go to your County Auditors website and do a property search by address and you will know who the owner is.