Anyone fish the St. Joseph River????

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by jross1901, Jan 12, 2007.

1. jross1901

jross1901 New Member

State:
    IL
    Just seeing if i can pick someones brain about this river. Any info helps.
    thanks
    -jim

2. carp46755

carp46755 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We fished the St. Joe river last saturday. We launched out of Leo. Caught 2 nice channels.

3. diver268

diver268 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We fish a lot of bass tournys out of Maggies Landing. I grew up fishing the section below that. The section below the Michiana Damn. There is a ramp by teh park on whta used to be called Monkey Island. If you ho up river from there you will go under 2 sets of golf bridges. On your right side you will find a cement wall that has a cut out about 15 feet long and goes in about 5 feet. That is a great spot for smallies adn channels. If you go on up the river, you will come upon the causeway. Stay on the left side. About 25 yards north of the bridge is a blue hole with real nice cats. Going back south just up form the ramp is a bend. Fish the opposite side for smallies adn channels. Going on down the river when you come to the first bridge, fish under it on teh west side. Hang on to your poles. Going on south go past the last bridge. You will find a boat house on your left side with all kinds of lay downs. You can fill your cooler there with cats. I hope this helps. Let me know how you do.

4. dusky

dusky Member

State:
    indiana
    There are two St. Joe rivers in Indiana, as far as I know. One runs through Ft. Wayne, the other feeds into Lake Michigan, I believe. Which one do you fish?