Anyone fish the south fork of the ninnescah this year

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by perfpersonified, Apr 24, 2006.

1. perfpersonified

perfpersonified New Member

State:
    kansas
    A buddy of mine and I fish Kingman Co lake and the river behind it about 3 times a month. Haven't had any luck this year in the river, but last year it was great, several flatheads, and lots of channel all summer. Anyway, just thought I would see if anyone had an insight on that part of the state's cats yet

thanks

john

2. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    Thanks for the update. I drive over the Ninnescah 2 or 3 times a year when driving to the inlaws. It's such a pretty river. I would love to wade fish it sometime but, since a friend moved from Kingman to Goddard don't stop in Kingman anymore. I didn't think there would be any flats in there, thought there was maybe channels and alot of sunfish.

3. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    About 70 yrs. ago some friends & I used to fish the Ninnescah river at the Belle Plain corner north of the bridge thats there now, we fished at the old bridge which is about a mile north of the bridge that is there now. ther was a great watermelon patch south of the highway & we would have some watermelon while we fished. I also fisher it north of Oxford Ks. where it emtyed into the Arkansas river it was good fishing there too.

4. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Where is the lake exactly?

5. kscornhusker

kscornhusker New Member

Several local fishermen have been catching channels from 1 lb to 8 lbs regularly just east of the Kingman city park. Also one fellow has caught flatheads up to 18 lbs in the same area within the past week.