anyone fish the Pensacola Dam in Oklahoma lately?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by hellzbells, Jun 1, 2009.

1. hellzbells

hellzbells New Member

State:
    mo
    thinking about trying it tommorow night,how has the fishing been there for cats?or if it is not so good where would you recomend right now on grand?

2. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i'm an avid pensacola dam fisher, however im in tennessee, so i'm forced to fish the cumberland river at old hickory dam, i should say blessed to fish the ole hick, anyhow the blues should be up at the wall all over right now shold be able to hammer em, along with the sandies and hybrids, i could call one of my buddy's back home and get a accurate report later for ya

3. hellzbells

hellzbells New Member

State:
    mo
    wish i had a boat,i wont be able to hook up to the cable ill just have to fish from the bank,throwning down river,hows the catfishing just fishing the bank there?

4. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    im not gonna lie it's not the greatest for cats right there from the bank by the cable i however have caught tons of small ones before when they're up there, but you can go down at the mouth of the slough when the water is coming in or going out it has to be around 3 generaters, and use slip corks it's about 6ft deep throwing minnows and catch a pretty good mess of blues and sandies, and if you know where bird hollow is you can bank fish there and do fairly well on blues

5. hellzbells

hellzbells New Member

State:
    mo
    Ive tried to find bird hollow on the map i couldnt find it,rudepossem mention cadallac point and old fisherman's Paradise,im kind of new here and dont know how to get to these two places

6. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    welll rudepossum is talking about somewhere up north of the lake, im sure where talking about a 45 minute diffrence in spots or more not familiar with where he's talking about, i was just giving you close areas to the dam, since you mentioned pensacola dam, bird hollow is just down the river a few miles of pensacola, easy to get to if you want directions

7. hellzbells

hellzbells New Member

State:
    mo
    is it right by the golf course

8. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    no, that is what we call the cottonwood hole, that's a good spot at times, due to water levels, bird is on down about 1 mile to where you can see the blue bridge

9. hellzbells

hellzbells New Member

State:
    mo
    how do i get there my friend