Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son Kevin is in North Dakota working storm damage and is hoping to catch some catfish. He is staying very close to the Missouri river and would like to know if anyone targets catfish there? He has tried secret 7 with no luck. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm from bismarck. Fished the river alot, if your son is still here tell him to try shrimp or cut goldeye. If he has time tell him to try the heart river in mandan its about 7 miles from bismarck try around the bridge on tenth ave go south of mandan. I've used frogs and toads for bait them catfish just love them little critters.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I really don't know that much cat fishing goes on around Bismarck. I guess that leaves new catfish water to be tackled. I do know that catfishing has been picking up around the Williston area as well as in the Yellowstone river. The action people are finding over there leads me to believe there are cats to be had in the Bismarck area. I would stick to natural cutbaits and even leeches in summer. I know the walleye guys there say they get tons on leeches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.