Anyone fish the Holston River

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by FordTruckGuySTX, Jan 22, 2007.

1. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    More specifically near Knoxville. I'm thinkin of fishin' it abit when the weather warms up a tad. not heard anything about it though catfishing wise. I'm near Knoxville so would be launching somewhere around there or possibly Oak Ridge area.

2. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    SORRY MATT, I FISH IT BUT I'M QUITE A DISTANCE FROM YOU HERE IN BRISTOL.

3. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    Sorry matt i live to far away. my son fishes the holston but only for ba$$. if you put in near oak ridge you will be putting in the clinch. that would be melton hill reservoir. there is some great catfishing there but you may catch the lockness monster with all the stuff from oak ridge there. the holston and french broad form the tennessee in knoxville. anywhere from there up river the fishing should be great and the fish should be good eating. i eat what i catch out of the tennessee but there are signs up everywhere telling you to limit the amount you eat. if you go out pellisippi parkway toward the airport there should be lots of places to fish the tennessee out there but i have never been down to the lake there. it is fort loudon lake there. good luck.

4. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    I fish Ft. Loudon just downstream of Knoxville. I want to explore the Holston nort of Knoxville for some smallmouth and cats this spring. Holler if you want some company.

5. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    well i dont know any details thus far but if i go and dont have anyone goin with me i'll pm ya