Anyone fish Texoma

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Oct 20, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I am making a trip up to Texoma soon to do some blue catting. I will be staying at Newberry Creek Resort just west of Durant, and was wondering if there were some good places on Texoma to try and drift.

2. Fish Dog

Fish Dog New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Try around the old oil wells near the Eisenhower bridge,it has been a long time since I fished there but have had good luck before.

3. 5511

5511 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    There's some good water near the mouth of the Washita, North of Newberry. There's some real shallow water up there so be careful. There's some really shallow spots between Newberry and the oil wells, too so watch you depth finder and go slow.

4. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Was down there last sunday fishing, caught a limit of small stripers, saw lots of jugs floating between the railroad bridge and hwy 70 bridge. we drifted with shad for awhile but no bites

5. Will Fish4Food

Will Fish4Food New Member

State:
    AZ
    Good luck to ya! Both the current Oklahoma and Texas state records for blues have come from that lake/

6. Crappie Master

Crappie Master New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Stay just north of the east oil well there is a lot of stumps in that area i catch a lot of big blues there. WATCH for shallow water the Washita river is filling it in. If you do not catch any there go west of Bridge view Marina about 1/2 to 3/4 mile on the north side of little glasses there will be a point on up in the there will be some private boat house's fish south west just off the point. The water will drop off real fast to about 25 to 27ft my son landed a 42 lb blue back in January from the bank.We live just 3miles from the lake and fish it alot.PM me if you have any questions i will try to help put you on some fish.:big_smile: