Anyone fish near Louisville, KY

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by amcclure, Sep 24, 2006.

1. amcclure

amcclure New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anyone fish near Louisville, KY. If so, where mostly, and how do you do?

2. SIVART22573

SIVART22573 New Member

State:
    Pewee Valley, Kentucky
    Saw a some guys fishing off of the dock at Cox's Park yesterday, they had a stringer with 3 channel cats from 2 to 5 pounders. Some more guys had backed thier boat in the water at the ramp still hooked to the truck with 6 or 7 poles out in the water, don't know if they had caught anything or not.

3. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    I have been fishing around Lou. for many years. Bank fishing is limited just like anywhere else. If you have a boat, there are some outstanding holes where big cats can be found. My best fish this year was a 36 lb. flathead that came off of a flat next to a creek channel.

4. amcclure

amcclure New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have a boat, I just started seriously catfishing, and was wandering if anyone else around had any luck in the area. Maybe we could meet up sometime for some cattin'. Thanks for the reply's

5. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    Adam, I'd be happy to get together and go fishing. I work durring the week, so it would have to be on the weekend. Just send me a pm. David

6. amcclure

amcclure New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'll let you know David. I get my 6 year old son on the weekends, but I'll try to pull something off. I'll pm ya! Thanks

7. dg775577

dg775577 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    There is some good bank fishing on the Indiana side at the Falls of the Ohio park and down around the boat ramp accross from the hydro dam. I have only been a few times and had some good runs but have not landed anything yet. Would like to hook up with some of you river veterans and learn more about fishing the Ohio.

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Your in a catfishing paradise, there are a bunch of spots to try out with a boat. Good luck out there and watch out for barges.

9. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I've been working some in Louisville and will have to keep coming down there a couple days every week for the rest of this month. I wish they would have had me working down there over the summer when I could have brought the boat or something.:lol:

10. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Hey. I'm a hook and cook guy so don't fish the river much. Cats here taste like toothpaste.....check your Indiana reservoir listing for the honey holes.
    Safer place to boat with your boy too. But I may have to go on down with one of the big poles and try and wrestle a big one in to get a good picture to post and get over this obvious fear of large fish I must have !