Anyone fish muskingum river in Ohio last week?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by s_man, May 15, 2006.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Are the Maddcatter and I the only people to fish on the muskingum? Lotsa big fish out there and only two guys hunting them? Oh another thing I went to catch some bait tonite after work, I get to the river at 11pm get my buckets out go back to the truck for my cast net and its gone. "STOLEN" What kinda lowlife has to steal a 5 year old net full of holes? I'm just glad wally world is open 24 hrs had to get a new one. I have my bait now but I'm still steamed.

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I fished Wills Creek Sat. It flows into the Muskingum, does that count? Hey, if you want to meet up call me and I'll come a runnin. My best days of availability are Wed nights and saturdays.

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    You know shawn I've always wanted to fish Wills creek where it empties into the muskingum. I was there once on a scouting trip and the lower end of the creek was choked with wood. Awesome amounts of cover and spawning spots for flatties. Yea we can count it its close enough lol. Did you do any good?

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    got a 2 lb channel on my bait rod, then a 5lb channel on a 9 inch gill. Probably didn't stay out late enough for a quality flattie. Thinking about an all nighter Wednesday. Anyone up for it? Either your boat or mine or bank. you can come here or I'll travel up to 1-1 1/2 hours.

5. maverick43812

maverick43812 New Member

State:
    ohio
    ill gladly go with yah just let me no a time and where to be at

6. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Would love to hook up with ya sometime Shawn. If you're taking your boat, just let us know where you're going. I too fished the Muskingum last week at riverside park under the shelter by the ramp. Didn't do any good, had 1 run the whole night.

7. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Tried a couple spots on the muskingum saturday. One run on a goldfish and that was it.