Anyone fish Last night?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Salmonid, May 5, 2006.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Mellon and myself went out from about 6:30-10 last night on the GMR and found out that Dinkbuster and one of his buddys were also out at about the same time. so thats 8 rods out for 3.5 hrs at 2 completely different location on the Great Miami and it turns out hat none of us even had a nibble????? We were using cut shad, live bluegills and even nightcrawlers and not even a turtle tap.
    So did anyone else fish last night on a river in Ohio and did you have the same experience we did? Im curious if the bite was off everywhere else as well as on the upper GMR.

Dink, what was the Barometer and moon phases like?:confused2:

Hoping that they will be hungry tonight!
    Salmonid

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    last night was HORRIBLE! what was worst was me and a freind (me mostly) clearing out a bankspot in the woods and dragging all the wood, chainsaw acting up, swinging a machete, etc, man i was exhausted and doubt i coulda got out of my chair to catch a fish! i dont know whats going on but the guys who river fish over in e. ohio are having the same trouble. i havent had a good trip in almost a month now. barometor was good, 29.92 and rising, had a half moon, i dunno whats been up. almost like an alien ship beamed up all the cats in the rivers! i seem to have trouble every spring about this time and it usually doesnt get better till mid-late May. i know in fall i do best in the mornings from sunrise to 1 or 2pm. i cant seem to catch a fish after 2pm then, maybe thats whats going on now? btw, we gave it till 11pm and split....

3. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Don't feel bad brothers I can't get them to bite either. I have been out four times and have not landed a shovelhead yet. I haven't been fishing much for channels but it doen't seem like any of them are ready to start feeding good yet. I don't know what the deal is. Has anyone been doing anygood on the GMR?

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Tim, we were doing fairly well on channels durring the last spell of higher water but once it dropped, its been tough, real tough!! Me and Mellon got 5 channels last weekend in 6 hrs so I still dont consider that great but better then what we been doing. We fished for Channels and flats last night and last weekend, no Flats yet.

Salmonid

5. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah fishing always seems to be better when the waters up. I will say this though I haven't ever really did any good until after the full moon in May. This is the eariliest I have started fishing for flats and it hasn't payed off at all. The two times I have taken the kids out channel fishing I did pretty well. But the flats not so good Hopefully real soon it will change. Like tonight LOL.

6. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    It has been terrible here too, in tuscarawas county, i was catching decent sized channels in early to mid april. For the past two weeks or so, i am lucky to get a bite. I did catch one 4 lb channel Thurs night and that was it for the last 2 weeks. I have tried every bait and NOTHING is working, we need rain bad !! i kinda think it was the space aliens !!! :lol:

7. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I went last night with Spencer Blanton. We didn't do any good. I got one big run but It about pulled my pole in the water and got all excited that instead of leatting him run with my big bait I just tried setting the hook. It didn't have the bait in his mouth far enough and it never got the hook in its mouth. What a heart breaker.

8. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Went out last night on the mon river had a good night check out post monongahela monster.

9. CatCatcher

CatCatcher New Member

The last 2 nights I have been out haven't been that good it has even been hard to catch bluegills....lol

10. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    My brother and I had a decent 3 hours or so of fishing last night on the muskingum near zanesville. Water temp was 62.1 water level near normal and falling, mostly clear. 3 fish- 41lb flat, 7lb channel, 8lb flat all from same anchor position.

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio