Anyone Fish Lake Mozingo

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by big bolt, Jun 14, 2009.

1. big bolt

big bolt New Member

State:
    camden point misssouri
    My dad is wanting to get together and go fishing at lake mozingo up by Maryville. I was wondering if anyone had fished up there for Cats. I am hoping to get into some big blues or Flats but all dad ever did up there was catching some nice channels. Does anyone have any tips on this place or at least know there are big fish in it?
    Thanks,Rusty

2. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    I bet your dad did catch some nice channels up there. I don't think that lake has anything but nice channels. We caught some nice ones on the very south east cove and on the main lake. (cut bluegill and crawdads) We fish the weed lines later in summer, kinda deep by anchoring out and casting up to the weeds. It has to have some nice flatties, but with it being a no jug fishing lake I don't think it gets quite picked over like some of the rivers and other lakes.

Nodaway lake also has some trememdous channels....

I worry about Mozingo, as it has been a 'hot' fishery for a few years now.

Good luck and let us know how you do - welcome to the boc

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've caught some nice channels there and although I've yet to hook into a flattie, the bait shop has pictures of some that have been caught. Blues-I have no idea. Take an ultra-lite and if things get slow, the crappie are great. Good luck. Stay safe and enjoy!!!

4. Vector

Vector New Member

State:
    Midwest
    Two springs ago, I had a nice flatty.....somewhere in the 20's, come up and smash the crappie I was reeling in. I had a GOOD fight on 4 pound test for about 5 seconds! :smile2:

That's one heck of a crappie hole up there. I can't get past the crappies to get to any cats.

Vector

5. big bolt

big bolt New Member

State:
    camden point misssouri
    Hey guys thanks for your input! it's gonna be sometime in july when we go up there for the weekend so i was just getting a jump on it. We are planning a couple of day trips up there for some crappie fishin and Cat scouting the next couple of weeks.