Anyone fish Lake Martin before?

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by StuBone278, Dec 19, 2006.

1. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Anyone got any tips for fishing Lake Martin, LA? I may try to make a trip there over the holidays, so I was lookin for any information so I'm not totally clueless.

2. drinkmoremilk

drinkmoremilk New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    When it gets warmer, we must hit up the gar in there stu. I have a feeling many adventures are awaiting fullfillment in lake martin. As for catfishing, i have the same question.

3. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    You're right on that one. I asked my dad about it, his only concern would be getting lost around there.... I have a feeling the fly-fishing would be awesome too for gar!

ps. great profile picture!

4. redfishman

redfishman New Member

State:
    South Louisiana
    A newbie: but thought I'd jump in and say "Hey" and reply to the thread.
    Lake Martin: Are you referring to the one in Ascension Parish off the Amite river and diversion canal???

5. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Welcome Mike,
    Just wanted to say welcome.

6. drinkmoremilk

drinkmoremilk New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Its about 10 miles east of Lafayette, not sure what parish its in. I don't think its in ascension parish

7. MrsBuck8Point

MrsBuck8Point New Member

State:
    Plaquemine, La
    We've caught some nice eating size channels and gougon in the lake. Liver worms, and shrimp did the trick. My brothers and I had a blast pulling them in. I've got some fond memories of that lake. FYI Lake Martin is in St. Martin parish. I've heard reports they've had some good catches of sac a lait and bass. I've never had any success there for them, but that won't keep me from trying. It's a really beautiful lake, with amazing wildlife. We also like taking pictures out there.

This weather is really getting to me and my husband. We really wanna make a trip to Bayou Lacombe. We took a little road trip there visiting family in Mandeville a couple weeks ago, and just have to explore more of the north shore. Any tips from you guys?

Wow, it's really nice to be back on the BOC! I've missed this place and everyone here.

8. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    I agree about the weather thing.... I hope the boat is still there in the Vermilion here in Lafayette....the flood stage is 7 feet and its at 12!!! Normally the little boat is on the ground when the water gage is at 3 feet....so I really hope all is well!:sad2:

9. bigcatch87

bigcatch87 New Member

State:
    louisianna
    i used to to go fishing there alot when i was younger. lots of fond memories of big channel cats.