Anyone fish Jigs ithe late fall?

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by ShilohRed, Oct 25, 2008.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Thinking about fishing some jigs Monday. And see how well they do in fall. Anyone else fish them when the water is cooling off in the fall? I have always fished them in spring or summer.
    But my 75 year old uncle is trying to get me to take him. And he enjoys fishing jugs. So I was thinking of taking him and giving it a try.
    Will be using the tattle tail jugs I bought from Wild wolf products and have not gotten to give them a try yet.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/ShilohRed/fishing/jugs.jpg
    Pete

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Pete, let us know how they work this time of year, we may give ours a try also.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Buddy I sure will. If I can get the trip worked in. You can bet I will sure let you know.
    How is life in East Tn?
    pete

4. BigB

BigB New Member

State:
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    Pete you will be surprised how well they work in the fall and all winter long.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Wondering how deep for winter time? I know most times. I only use 3ft of line. And do great.. May have to get a little deeper in winter.
    Pete

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Pete let us know how it works.

7. BigB

BigB New Member

State:
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    I use 2 hooks one at 6ft. and one at 10ft. In about 20-30ft. of water. Some days you get'em on the short hook some days you get'em on long hook rarely do i get'em on both.