anyone fish in up by monticello?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by foxracer1803, Oct 8, 2008.

1. foxracer1803

foxracer1803 New Member

State:
    indiana
    im just trying to see if theres anyone that fishes around me im allways looking for catfish buddies that might be able to teach em a thing or 2 this year, let me know, i fish around the twin lakes, by the dams and such, and ive only pulled in like 5 cats all year

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i only fish it when i visit the in laws, but i know there are a few members around you.

3. foxracer1803

foxracer1803 New Member

State:
    indiana
    thanks river i wish some of them would speak up id love to meet up with some members and see whats been working in the area for them, all ive found to really work is minnows caught at the lake, but all we catch on them is walleye, stripers, and a few smallmouth

4. lilpaducah

lilpaducah New Member

State:
    IN
    Hey, nice to hear of a close neighbor! My husband fishes EVERYDAY:smile2:
    We live on the Tippy, we are river scums in-laws. My husband is on Lake Freeman now as I type. Catching crappie & blue gill off our friends pier, they are probably catching silvers out of the boat too. On the tippy, we both catch catfish, using stink bait at the present, it is working too.

5. foxracer1803

foxracer1803 New Member

State:
    indiana
    thanks for the reply we have been bank fishing at norway dam this weekend and caught 2 small channels, like a pound each, then we moved down to the norway public access and caught a 9 pound carp a small mouth and a walleye, still waiting on my big catfish to show up, we have been using minnows so maybe thats the problem

6. davey46

davey46 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I LIVE NEAR DELPHI HAVE A HOUSE BELOW OAKDALE DAM.ALWAYS LOOKIG FOR SOMEONE TO FISH WITH.YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT davey46@excite.com THANKS DAVE

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    welcome Dave welcome.

8. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    catch some blue gill and go to lake Shafer. Fish the edge of the drop just south of the Galaxy Roller coaster. The flatties are spawning now, but they should be hungry soon. We regularly pull 15 to 25lb flatheads from that spot. I caught a 30lb'er there using a live small mouth as bait. While your waiting on a big one, you can keep yourself occupied by hoggin in carp. I use wheaty ball mixed with strawberry flavor and curry powder for those slimy suckers!

If you want to catch eating size channels, go net some shad and drift with their fillets right behind the Lazy River ride.

Good luck!

9. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    great info! people that spacific are rare! shane

10. rdwolf03

rdwolf03 New Member

State:
    indiana
    fox welcome i live in lafayette but i fish blue water a few times a year next full moon im open give me a call 765 491 5946 doug wolf

11. dusty1529

dusty1529 New Member

State:
    Winamac, IN.
    I live about 30 miles north in Winamac and have done fairly good on the tippy up here! I havent been able to catch any flatheads this year but have caught a bunch of eater size channels and a few over 10lbs. I have never fished much down your way my boat isnt big enough but if you ever want to go out let me know!

12. stinkbait858

stinkbait858 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey everybody! I ran into this site while lookin up info on catfish. I inheritated a small fishing boat up on lake freeman and am looking to get over some fish. Does anyone know of any hot spots right now on lake freeman? Im looking to take my neices and nephews out and would like to catch some fish (doesnt matter what kind). Thanks again!

Frank