Anyone fish in Allen County or am i alone?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Hemus Bocephus, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Hemus Bocephus

Hemus Bocephus New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I live in Fort Wayne! I was just wondering if i was the only one on here that fishes any of the 3 rivers here? I can't possibly believe that i am!! I know they aren't prime compared to some other Indiana rivers and the water south, but theres still some nice flatties in these rivers! I mainly fish the Maumee and have seen some big fish come out of that river! Recently fished Ceadarville Resevoir on the St. Joe i've heard of big flats in there, but i didn't find any the couple times i've been there!! But there still spawning around here right now i think that was the deal there!! Do all you Indiana members live and fish farther south only? Just never seen anyone talk about anything closer to Ft. Wayne. See a little about Huntington once i a while, but not alot I have yet to fish down there for cat's! Is it worth it? Sounds like i need to get farther south try drowning some gills down there somewhere for some new scenery and chances?

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    river scum lives up there, im not sure if its specifically allen county or not.. i think theres a few more too, just cant remember off top of my head ... im sure he will see this soon, and let you know for sure!

Welcome to the brotherhood jerry! youve found a great place!

3. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Welcome to the boc jerry. Riverscum is in leo I believe and pretty sure he fishes all 3 rivers.

4. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    welcome to the boc!! i got the fish in my avitar in the maumee river in ohio!! seen lots of good ones on here from indiana too!! good luck man, shane

5. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Jerry. There are a couple guys in the FW area on here. I've heard there's been some nice FHC taken up by Hosey Dam but I can't 100% confirm that. There are some pretty nice holes & some good cover within a couple miles of the dam. The St. Marys should have flats in it but I don't think I've ever heard of anyone catching any from there -- the lake/reservoir in Ohio where the St. Marys comes from holds some nice flats (I think?!). I'm not sure about flats in the St Joe...but I do know there are some nice channels. I've put in at Shoaff Park & boated up a ways and fished log jams & caught some pretty decent channels. Leo/Cedarville area sports some nice channels too.

6. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Hey Matt, are you sure about anything? LOL! And Jerry, welcome to the BOC!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  7. carp46755

carp46755 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I fish the St. Joe River out of Leo. Let me know maybe we can hook up some time a go.

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yeah Jerry im in Allen co. ill send you a pm brother.:wink:

welcome to the b.o.c. too!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009