anyone fish Floyds Fork Creek

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Adam&Shannyn, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Adam&Shannyn

Adam&Shannyn New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Does or has anyone fished Floyds Fork, if so what have you caught? Where are some safe public access parking spots also? Thanks

2. bigjimandthetwins

bigjimandthetwins New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Miles park has it all if you want to fish Floyds Fork. You can park right next to creek and it has alot of bank access. Good place to put a canoe in if you have one. It also has four lakes you can fish that are stocked by the DNR. Its on Shelbyville Rd about a mile or so past Lake Forrest. Good luck

3. Adam&Shannyn

Adam&Shannyn New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    have you or anyone else fished floyds fork.... If so, what kinds of fish did you catch. Thanks

4. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use to fish it a lot growing up. I lived back Zoton rd so we use to take the atv's back there alot. we fished it from Bardstown Rd to the salt river. if you find the pockets there is some nice fish in there. I did not cat fish back then just bass but it was full of bluegills, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass. and being a runin into the salt it would have to hold channels and flats as well.
    you use to be able to pull off beside the bridges on bardstown rd and hwy 44 in shepherdsville you also use to be able to pay 5 bucks and go in the boat ramp at the KOA in shepherdsville and put boat in the salt and fish the mouth of the salt and floyds fork (realy great spot) the KOA ramp was run down and that was a few tomany years ago so I would call and see if the ramp is even still there.

5. kycatter

kycatter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive fished floyds fork (the part in miles park) quite a few times. never tried fishin for cats but there are a ton of smallies in there. i think ive caught like 2 large mouths in there total, but caught countless smallmouth and bluegill. ive heard there are quite a few bullhead cats in there. also, if you fish pond #4 in miles park, there are quite a few channels in the 1-3lb range. oh, and in pond 4, early May, they stock it with tons of rainbow trout. you can catch them left and right all day long on red worms. they make for some damn good eatin. :wink: throw em on the grill whole with a little lemon pepper

6. Adam&Shannyn

Adam&Shannyn New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    thanks for the info from both of you. I did catch a trout like that at fishermans park on bottom with a nightcrawlers. I didnt even know what it was, never seen one. Im not sure how to cook like that either, I suck at cooking. LOL. I'm definitely gonna have to try floyds fork out. Thanks