Anyone fish calaveras lake texas?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catnip, Feb 16, 2006.

1. catnip

catnip New Member

State:
    texas
    Great fishing, caught 18 nice size channels last night between 10 and 3. We, my son and I, found this perfect cove last summer. It is shallow so we often just poll our boat through it, we fish the banks closely and always catch fish not just cats but also reds and stripper. We take our friends to fish with us and they cannot believe that we catch this many fish just about every time we go. We catch blues, yellows, and channels all in about 100 yards of shallow cove, but watch out when the reds are in the cove they will test your line. I fish with light tackle so we lose those on occasion. I tried the chicken liver cherry koolaid thing last night and it seems to work but so does shrimp and shad. The busted gut shad or hand ripped shad, shad head only, its all good. Wildlife out the wazoo, waterfoul roost in the trees to fish under, racoons, coyotes, hogs, and cattle. Oh yes turtles and plenty of snakes there too. We fish there twice a week in the summer two to three times a month in fall and winter. We are new to the B.O.C. but if you come down to our part of Texas we love to take you fishing. Thankyou for this site. catnip

2. catnip

catnip New Member

State:
    texas
    learning the hard way, sorry catnip