Anyone fish Barren River Lake?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Kip Brandel, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    Just moved here the end of last year and live not to far from the damn. I was just looking for any info on fishing in the area. Thanks.

2. villcat

villcat New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    did some fishing down there early this year. we drifted for cats and did quite well. the flatheads in barren river are some of the best in the state according to the KDFWR.

3. smells like old liver!

smells like old liver! New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I live close and fish it all the time. it has a huge amount of channels from 2-8lb. noodlers has made it hard on the flats. rarley ever catch one on a pole

4. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    I am stuck to the bank for awhile because when we moved I sold my boat. I have been fishing the spill way and off of the rocks by the swimming area at the damn. I was going to try to get into a few other areas. Anyone have any suggestions? I have caught a few small cats and Bluegill and sun fish at will. I have just started trying for bass and have caught a few in the 2-3 pound range. I would REALLY like to get a few cats for a nice dinner. Any tips on some places to fish at night from the bank?

Thanks in advance!

5. villcat

villcat New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    If you are going south on 31, after you pass the state park entrance the next bridge you cross over the lake has alot of stone dropped down to the waters edge. Its about 30ft deep near the pillars to the bridge and fairly productive, we fished it at night. The water gets deeper quite quickly headed to the first pillar. Good luck if you try it out :smile2:

6. smells like old liver!

smells like old liver! New Member

State:
    kentucky
    you might try siddens bridge off of hwy. 252. lots of channels from 2lb+