Anyone fish around the point?

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by MillvaleMauler, Aug 20, 2009.

1. MillvaleMauler

MillvaleMauler New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I was thinking of trying down by the point next time i get out, probably from the north shore by the ballpark. Anyone fish down this way? good? bad? snags? just looking for a few tips before i head down.

thanks

2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I,ve fished around the river rescue station below PNC park.Pretty nice area,rocky bottom,bridge piers and rescue station pylons within easy casting distance,decent water depth 12-20.Areas lit at night,you won,t need no light.Check the schedule for the pirates first,there,s metered parking there,but it,s hard to get a space on a game night.Park on Isabella st or lower federal.Fishing can be good aroound there.:wink:

3. bass&cats

bass&cats New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Im thinking of giving that a try tommarow. Are you allowed to fish the actual point? or should I fish right below isabella st?

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

Park on Isabella or lower Federal st if you can get a spot.That,s all on the north shore directly behind PNC park.There is nowhere to park at the actual point itself,that whole end of town is still torn up.You don,t have much depth around the point itself.Try around the river rescue station and around the pier on the 6th st bridge. Some guys do some flattin below Heinz field also,but if you wanna fish there,be prepared to do some serious hoofing. Point state park is not a good place to be after dark,and that,s coming from someone who grew up in Northside,usually considered the worst part of the city.Fishins better and safer on the north shore.I still like to take a little insurance along with me if I,m fishing alone.:wink:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  5. bigcathunter89

bigcathunter89 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    i've fished the area by the ballpark and done pretty well for channels and flats. last time i went my buddy caught two flats in the 20# range and i broke a big one off and caught a 29 in channel cat.

6. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    i'v gone down there a hand full of times, done alright never landed anything big, but had big fish on the run me in to a snag. i had my only run with a bullhead down there and he was big like 12 in or so. so there is diff fish in there, and like pat said it's all lite up which is a nice break from sitting in the dark all the time..lol. tight lines...justin

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

Welcome to the BOC Destin!:0a25:.Try and get some pics next time.Thanks.:wink:

8. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    welcome to the boc destin...i might try down here either fri or sat night, just picked up a garden cart from pat today. and going to put some rod holders and other goodies on it. should be perfect down there i'll be able to move from spot to spot pretty easy now. if anyone wants to meet up send me a pm. i just hope the rain holds off, if not then i'm going boozing..lol..tight lines..justin:cool2:

9. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    went down last night on the north shore, and once again had a big guy on but ran me into a snag. did mange to land 5 though. nothing big just dinks 4 flats and 2 channels, did catch a flat and channel within 10 mins of each other on the same rod with the same bait..lol. i was mostly from pnc to bettis grill. might give it another shot before i leave on friday...tight lines..justin