anyone ever use shimano tr-100 g

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by delawareriver, Aug 9, 2009.

1. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    nice baitcasters primary designed for trolling but the local shop had 4 used ones for 125. since ive been in the market for a few bait casters to upgrade from the spinning outfits ive been using i grabbed them up. seems to me they will work just fine but i was wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

2. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    You got a good deal on them. They aren't fancy, but they're solid reels that should last forever with minimal care. I'd have bought them at that price, no doubt at all. They should cast as well as (probably better) as anything from Penn or other similar reels.

3. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    thanks for the reply. yeah i figured it was a decent deal especially since i only flathead a few times a year, no sense spending a whole lot for 6 or 7 trips a year. i still use my small spinning reels for channels, cant beat the fight on an ultra light.

4. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    gotta say these reels worked pretty good! finally got out, first last week and didnt catch any catties then i was out bluefishing out in the ocean yesterday morning till the afternoon, with no luck i was wondering if the reels were bad luck, but then i made the hour and half jorney home and the hour jorney to the flathead river, and after all night with no fish i finally landed a 15# at 7 in the morning. handled the flattie like nothing. i fish from the bank with 65# braid and 20# backing (only cause thats was oringially on them when i bought them) but they cast well, clicker works great (loud enough to wake you up) the only thing is you really have to have the drag pretty heavy on them. but i give them 4.5 out 5 ranking