Anyone ever try this !

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Bacardipr05, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
  2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Angel I have never seen that rig before. Interesting.It would get your weight up and out of the way. Thanks for sharing.:big_smile:

3. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    thtas the pulley rig. i use it all the time. the beauty of it is its versitility.

4. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    That looks like it would be a pretty effective rig. Nice find I will be trying this soon.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Looks like it only works on scale fish... didn't see any cats in the pictures. LOL

6. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Thats neat. I like the knots. Always forget the names.

7. mrmarkedwards

State:
    Delaware
    here's a couple of more versions of the same rig.

Attached Files:

8. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Thanks Mr. Edwards i have been pondering trying it out looks like it might work. Have you had any success with it. Looks like a striper on the animation. Hint Hint !!

9. mrmarkedwards

State:
    Delaware
    works like a charm especially with a reel with free spool. fish takes the bait and once the swivels meet the hook is set. aka a better mousetrap. the for long distance look at the 2 links i provided and you'll notice they are clipped down pulley rigs. adds about 30% more distance.

10. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I tried it out briefly tonight. I didn't catch anything on that particular rig, however I was impressed as it casted beautifully. I guess you have to add a weight that is of equal or lesser weight than the bait been used.

11. mrmarkedwards

State:
    Delaware
    sinker weight depends on water conditions and what you're targeting i have used as lite as 1oz for perch or bluegills up to 14oz for drum and sharks. of course i wouldn't use a 6oz to 4oz fish they won't be strong enough to lift the sinker off the bottom for a self hookset.

12. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    have not tried that one, looks good thou

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Looks great for a lake but, I don't think it would be good for fast water because of it tangling and not working correctly. Fast current would tie it in knotts that, you have never heard of or, could mimmic, LOL!!!

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I gotta give that a shot. Looks like it would work great for carp. Thanks

15. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Mark, the bait clip...is that just copper wire?

How is it attached to the leader...with a crimped sleeve?

16. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Possibly but maybe if you attach it to the correct swivels. Interestingly enough i did try and "simulate" fast current situations(lol) twisting it popping up and down and it didn't tangle. (the weight tucks neatly into the swivel). It could be a viable alternative to our friend the three-way rig.

17. mrmarkedwards

State:
    Delaware
    dreadnaught it'll work in a swift current the only catch is you have to tie the hook on leader material. its stiffer than mono and resists tangling.

katmandeux yes you can use copper wire for the baitclip i just tie mine on using a uni knot with a piece of mono.

ozzy it would work for carp,but a better rig for them would be a bolt rig or a hair rig.

18. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    on casting how would weight stay down to be pulled up or am I missing something sorry sometimes I dont get it even with pictures.

19. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Not sure exactly what you are asking kkyootee. But i tried it yesterday i tell you this it cast wonderfully. I think i got about an extra 8 or 9 yards.(than my regular Carolina rig) When you riffle it the weight slips up (into the swivel i put a small bead so the swivel wouldn't get damaged by weight) when it lands in the water the lead will sink(it been denser/heavier) and your bait will rise. I also dunked right in front of me and confirmed that the weight sunk and the bait rose up. I hope this answers your question...lol...You see how the weight looks when the fish is caught that is what it looks like when its zipping thru the air.

20. mrmarkedwards

State:
    Delaware
    bacardipr05 you're halfway there! when you put on the swivel for for running line (the center swivel) place a bead on before and after the swivel that way they protect your knots and make your hook leader stand out away from the rig a little more.