Anyone ever try sardines in a can

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Duane, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Been thinking about trying it next outing

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Lots of times.They are right tasty on a saltine cracker with a dash of hot sauce.:rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: ;)Go well with fermented grain in a can also.

3. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    they make a great snack. I probably would eat them all before using for bait.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Keepin on a hook may be imposible. Use em for chum may work. But as said usein em for lunch can't be beat! LOL!

5. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I like "Kipper Snacks":)

6. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    I have tried 'em many times. I like to hear the crunch when I eat their spines...Mauahahahah.

7. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Some people like to mix them into a dough bait or dip bait made a home. I'd think they would work for eatin size channels at least. Don't mind these guys, there's always one in a crowd, we just happen to have a bunch of them. LOL Comedians out of work in other words!!

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Ah Mr Whistler SIR.!:confused: "We" the unemployed commedians prefer to think of ourselves as "One in a million" NOT "one in every crowd".Before you go spreading oil (Sardine?) on the water because we have subjected one of our members to a little or our demented sense of humor,you would be wise to consider the fate of MELLON who has not been heard from in days after we heaped scathing scorn,ridicule and humor upon him.Physcotheraphy is obviously taking longer than he anticipated.A word from the 'Wiseguys" should be sufficient, to paraphrase a famous quote.;) :rolleyes: :p :cool: :)

9. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Try them mixing enough cornstrach an cattail fuzzy to thickin them for dip bait.
    Frosty puts a banana in his says it works real good on eater size cats.
    Loop

10. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Jim, I have to agree!

Frank

11. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    I agree with Jim,but the beverage has to be ice cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :know-big:

12. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Dang, kaleigh what kind of accident was that dog in that he got all four legs amputated?lol What breed is that? Sorry to get off subject but that is one good looking pup.

13. fishmania

fishmania New Member

State:
    kentuky
    love to eat them when fishing or hunting keep 3 or 4 cans in my boat at all times

14. catmando

catmando New Member

State:
    Colorado
    If you like salty then they are for you. i dont like them very much

15. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    JIM, you get to eat the ones Whistler makes....:sick-big:

16. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Spoon the people around Catherines Furnace have to be watched VERY carefully at all times.If you go to the national gathering I would closely examine any food offered by anyone from around there.:p ;) Probably have some strawberry doughballs from another thread that he will be passing off as homemade cookies.What can I say about a guy that would question the reputation of us Jokesters.:rolleyes: Can't afford to piss him off though because he has cornered the market on old Mitchell reels and parts.:)

17. spoonkilr

spoonkilr New Member

State:
    california
    seem that the canned would not be very durable as bait