Anyone ever sent a reel in for repair?

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by Hook, May 15, 2006.

1. Hook

Hook New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have an ambassador "striper" that was stepped on and bent the shaft some that the handle is fixed to. Can a guy send it in or does anyone know of a repair place?

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm sure there has to be somewhere. I would never take an abu apart that looks like an absolute mess to put back together.

3. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Good Morning, I'm Sure That Garcia Probably Has A Website With A List Of Authorized Repair Centers.

If You Are Still Having Problems, Let Me Know I Have A LOcal Guy Here That Repairs All Brands & Is Fair On His Prices, HTH Elliot

4. Ryan

Ryan New Member

State:
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Go to Abu's website and send it in! They will either fix it or replace it very cheaply. They've got a 6500 of mine right now.

5. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Never had any problems with my Abu, but had to order some parts for my quantum once from their website. I repaired it myself.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Phil, the warranty center for Abu reels serving Oklahoma is....Southwestern Parts and Service, 606 W Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, TX 75247. You are to provide a written description on what is wrong. If you need more help, call their toll fee number at 1-800-abu-garcia or e-mail at abu-garcia.com. I have heard, and cannot verify this, but the total cost should be about $20.00 and they will go through and service the entire reel, replacing anything worn and making adjustments as necessary.

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Please post results of repair from abu-garcia. thanks

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    A local machine shop might be able to straighten it out.All according to how they are set up and their rates.peewee-williams

9. Ryan

Ryan New Member

State:
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Well, Abu failed me big time. They fixed the reel okay, but also sent a $40 bill back, without my authorization to fix. Ridiculous price, I think.

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    OUCH... Thats almost 1/2 or 1/3 of a new reel. Did they go through the reel and replace other worn components? I heard they did that, but what I heard was $20.00.

11. Ryan

Ryan New Member

State:
    Crystal, Minnesota
    $20 "service charge"
    $8 return shipping
    $12 parts

Freakin' rip-off if you ask me. This will be my last Abu, needless to say. I have been treated much, much better by Okuma and Pflueger.