Anyone ever put in at Blanchette Landing?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by SkipEye, Aug 12, 2007.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Been wanting to try Blanchette Landing on the Missouri River because it's real convenient on my way home from work.

I NEVER see any boats on that stretch when I drive over the bridge. A Lot of dikes there and it looks good.

So........ anyone know anything about it? In a boat, I mean.

2. skydiver41

skydiver41 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You are right, Darryl. I'm on that bridge all the time and never see many boats around, just the sand dredging vessels from St. Charles Sand Co. Where's the ramp?

3. catfish77

catfish77 New Member

State:
    Mo (St. Charles area)
    I live right there, so I do alot of bank fishing from that boat ramp. I see alot of people there launching at night, not too much before that. 2 weeks ago, some guys came back in with a 75lber. People seem to do pretty good there, but Im not sure where they are fishin at. I fished most of the dikes that you can reach by land there including the sand company, but have not had much luck. Let me know if you put in there, And how you do...I did see a boat tied up under the 370 bridge, and wanted to stay too see how they did. Of course 7 hrs fishing with no bites made that hard to do.

4. skydiver41

skydiver41 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was bored today so I drove over to St. Charles and found it. Nice MDC park and ramp. Lighted parking lot, restrooms, trash cans. There were 2 boats there while I was there. When I get my boat I'll try it...it's the closest ramp to where I live.

5. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    The ramp is in down town St Charles. North 2nd @ Olive St.

I've been telling myself I need to try that stretch of river for a while now, just haven't done it yet.

Especially since it's about five minutes from where I live:eek:oooh: :eek:oooh:

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    There is some good fishing there. just like the rest of the river it has its good and bad times. The problem is the ramp. When the river is low you dont want to put in there. And if the river is rising fast sometimes a lot of drift will build up on the ramp. I had a hard time getting my boat on the trailer back in the spring. Had to hook a rope on several logs and tow them out to make a hole. Not good at all. I broke my whale tail trying to manuver through all that crap.