Anyone ever limbline in washita?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by daniel_14_86, May 30, 2009.

1. daniel_14_86

daniel_14_86 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Me and a buddy were thinking about going to washita this afternoon and putting out some limblines later. Anyone ever had anyluck in there?

2. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    Best catfishin trip I ever had was on the Washita, over by Mannsville. There is some ODWC land there on the river for access. Caught it a couple of years ago about the first big spring rain when the river was rising. They were running up the river with the striper and kept me busy all night long. I had about 4 lines out and it was one after the other, I couldn't even sit down to drink a beer. Using live perch in probably 5-10 feet of water in a bend on the river. Caught one blue about 25 lbs, all the rest were in the 5-10 lb range, and three nice striper bout 10 lbs or so. I moved not long after that and haven't fished it since then. There are plenty of fish to be had there. I'm sure you could do quite well on limb lines if the conditions were right. Best of luck.

3. daniel_14_86

daniel_14_86 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Thanks for the info, I live in madill, mannsville is only about 10 minutes down the road from me. If you ever make it this way to do some fishing hit me up, always looking for some fishing partners.

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Daneil welcome to the BOC from N.C

5. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    Welcome to the BOC Daniel, Good luck fishing!

6. clay_sosu

clay_sosu New Member

State:
    texas
    Haven't fished the Washita in a couple of years but fished it a lot as a kid and pretty much always caught fish there of all sizes. My dad and my uncle used to limbline there alot and caught lots of flatheads using live perch. Also be sure to take a cast net. the last time I was there was about this time of year two years ago and I made one cast and had about 50 gizzard shad all of which were 6-8 inches long

7. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma