Anyone ever fish up at Buffalo Shoals

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Hunter1978, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Hunter1978

Hunter1978 Active Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Name:
    Jamie
    I'd like to start out by saying hey to everybody on this site i'm a new member on here, well just wanted to see if any of yall ever fish up around buffalo shoals far north end of norman, looks like it has a good size flat that runs about 20'. Looks good on the map. Well if anyone can help i'd appreciate the help :wink:

2. deepwoods

deepwoods Member

State:
    north carolina
    I have fish just north of the bridge across from Bill's Marina with limited success. I have gone up river about 2 miles (the railway bridge was in sight) and have not had any success. I agree it looks like flathead heaven but I have not been able to locate much. Cats are river fish and one would think it would be a strong area. My one guess is there is a lacking of food (ie shad) in the river and the fish are following the shad into the lake and the creek channels.

3. Bill Smith

Bill Smith New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Jamie, I've fished up there also and never caught much. I noticed that most of the jug fishermen don't go up river that far. If you fish the upper lake by boat and have not fished around marker 23 give it a try. Both sides of the old river channel have been producing eating size cats all week long.

4. Hunter1978

Hunter1978 Active Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Name:
    Jamie
    Just wanted to say thanks to both Bill and Deepwoods.:wink: