Anyone Ever fish the Pond at Hospice in Dayton

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by CatCatcher, May 8, 2006.

1. CatCatcher

CatCatcher New Member

Anyone ever do any good at Hospice fished there 2 nights ago caught a Flathead about 10 to 15lbs didn't have my scale with me. Then another guy to fishing there told me the night before he caught a 38.8 Flat I always heard about that place having some big Flatheads but never caught anything til the other night but just looking to find out if anyone else has caught some big ones out of there and good spot to fish on that pond......

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    that pond is ate up with flatheads, there are some big ones too. someone who fishes a pay-lake stocks them in there. i have a freind who has caught a bunch in there, biggest was 41lb. anywhere from the middle of that pond to the wilmington pike side is good, that pond is only 3ft deep with about another 3ft of mud so make sure you use a float set about 2ft deep. its amazing the fllats make it through the winter.

3. dead eye

dead eye New Member

State:
    ohio
    that place is actually 6-7 ft deep in spots . there is a large number of suageyes in there , i put alot of them in there, and there IS BIG FLATT HEADS IN THERE. SO BE PREPARED FOR A BATTLE . BAIT OF CHOICE THERE FOR THE OLD MUD CATS IS GOLD FISH ...... THEY ARE HUNDREDS OF THEM IN THERE

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm not too good to go there. So, who wants to go w/ me? :big_smile:

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    give me a ring if you decide to go up there, i live right down the street from there off of wyoming.

6. CatCatcher

CatCatcher New Member

is there hundreds of goldfish or hundreds of shovelheads?

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like a road trip in the making.

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    next warm weekend we get i'll walk or ride up there and take some photo's. its literally "elbow to elbow" on a nice day! pond is only about 100ft x 60ft wide, fish dont have a chance:roll_eyes: