Anyone ever? Centenial Park....

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Iceburger, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Iceburger

Iceburger New Member

State:
    TN
    Hi,

Just moved down to the city and have heard that there are some decent cats in the lake in Centenial park, does anyone have any experience there? Was told 8 to 10 pounds are not uncommon from there.

thanks,
    Ice

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't know if you are talking about on the river, if you are I have heard the same there are some decent cats down there.

3. Iceburger

Iceburger New Member

State:
    TN
    Stopped down around noon on Sunday while it was overcast, got a couple great hits but didn't get either. One hit so hard it almost took the pole over the wall it was leaning on. Sun came out, action stopped but the sun burn started. I'll post more as I fish the area more.

4. brandonnash

brandonnash New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    TWRA stocks the lake once a year with a couple hundred less than a lb channel cats for a youth catfish rodeo they have every year. Most of the fish they have in there stay about the same size. Not very many other fish in there. I'm sure there's a few that have gotten bigger, but they don't have the kind of food they need to really grow in size there.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the boc, this site is full of good info and great people

6. brandonnash

brandonnash New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Talked with a park patrol officer and he said it's completely legal to fish there and they stock fish at least once a year there. AND believe it or not there's not that much fishing pressure there. There's a ton of people at the park all the time, but hardly ever anyone fishing. The only thing is you can't fish on the north side of the pond. It's too close to the running path and I guess they're afraid you'll hook a jogger.

I would imagine that by now some of those stocked fish are pretty big.